• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

BOP hose protectors

I am interested in looking at these rivets though. Is this a common issue with the Winders? How many miles do you figure on the chassis before inspecting them?
After first year on my 20 I removed the tank to clean and inspected and everything looked good with almost 3000 km. This summer I removed tank again and found all 4 of the rivets loose, the ones under the header. Sled now has 6000 km so somewhere from 3 to 6 k mine got loose, one closes to clutch was the worse. Tunnel had no sign of damage from ice as I’m very pro active in keeping my tunnel ice free before leaving for a ride. It’s worth taking the tank off to look it over.

Either get rid of rivets and use small bolts and/or replace rivets with structural type and add 3-4 more. Most sleds I've worked on have loose rivets.

Almost all my rivets were loose under the tank. I replaced them with stainless steel and hope they last longer. The rivets on the running boards also get loose too. I must have replaced at least 50 rivets on the sled. Every sled I have looked at has loose rivets. My tunnel was pushed in slightly and I used that reinforcement plate that another member sells. Hopefully it does the trick!

I had
Almost all my rivets were loose under the tank. I replaced them with stainless steel and hope they last longer. The rivets on the running boards also get loose too. I must have replaced at least 50 rivets on the sled. Every sled I have looked at has loose rivets. My tunnel was pushed in slightly and I used that reinforcement plate that another member sells. Hopefully it does the trick!
separated top of tunnel rivets also , Had the mentioned plate installed along with all the rivets replaced. Was not ice induced ,just poor design ,You will inject snow in engine and clutch with a gap. Not a good situation .Inspect and fix a must.

Back