• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Building a turbo kit?

YamaMTX

Lifetime Member
Just wondering if anyone has built there own turbo kit for a Nytro? I see all these kits for cars that are about half the price then snowmobile kits, so it makes me wonder. I take pride in doing projects myself but lack the knowledge on this one. Thank you for any info.

I built a custom k it for my Apex. If I had to do it again I'd just buy a kit. I'd say it cost about the same to do it right. Of course you can halfass it for cheaper, but getting stranded 10 miles back in the bush cause you wanted to save money isn't my cup of tea. My kit came out awsome and works awsome, but like I said coulda bout a kit for about $500 more than what I spent. 2 benefits: I wazs able to make everything exactly how I wanted it & I could pay for it incrementally instead of one big lump sum.

Buy the parts that you don't have to finish off a turbo kit of choise, that's what me any my buddy have done, working great. Building it yourself.... don't bother the hazzle unless you are able to copy an existing kit to the T.

unless you want something you cant buy.. dont build, in reality theres a LOT more $$ unless you have a kit in front of you to copy.. lots of parts you buy and dont use or get wrecked and dont work.

you would be amazing how much you can spend $10 at a time at the hardware store. trust me, i built a VERY 1 off sled and I had to build a custom turbo kit and I spent a LOT of $$ gettin it to where I want it and its still a half assed kit.

Back