• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

code 20..barometric reading

mattmichyam

Extreme
I have code 20 coming up now. It cleared yesterday but is back today which i cannot clear. I am going to test the unit as it says the manual . My question is with the dash reading of the barometric pressure it reads 947... Sounds like the sensor is bad. The sled has worked fine just a little lean according to the age unit... Any input would help. Thanks.

That is a strange reading.....almost looks like the decimal point is missing? should it read 96.7 kPa????? If Code 20 comes up then it may be related to intake pressure or absolute pressure sensors. (not sure which one) but if this happens then it usually puts the barometric reading to 85.0 kPa so unit still starts and runs normal. I had one of the sensors freeze up on me after some heavy powder riding and got a code. It was the one mounted in front of the battery tray underneath the regulator to the right (on my sled anyway). I simply put my hands on it to melt the ice off of the opening. Good to go after that.

But the more research I do I find this online.
967 mbar(hPa) equals 28.56 inHg. So by that conversion everything looks fine to me know.

"Everything looks fine to me know" ......You got Code 20 to clear then? in your picture (which is blurry) it looked like 967 kPa not hPa.

Yes, I did get it to clear finally. I am going to take it all apart and test it and make sure nothing is clogging it. yes, its in kPa instead. I will just need to figure out how to change it back if it will let me.

Well the code 20 came back again. I tested both of them and the coonectors both had 4.36 volts. So by that something is wrong.. where do I look ? Replace both of them or just one?

Ok. So I replaced the sensors. One in the air box and one in the nose of the sled. Clean up about 6 grounding blocks and still voltage at 4.35. Anymore ideas?

Could anybody tell me on the upper pressure sensor mounted on the fuel rail where this hose goes too? Also, the lower one by the ECM, is this one supposed to have a hose on it as mine does not.

How did this end up, I get those voltage to but my sensors are ok

I cleaned all of my grounding blocks. I think I found about between 8-10 blocks. The blocks by the clutches were dirty but there are 3 blocks by throttle bodies on the TPS were the worse. I cleaned all of them along with replacing to one Baro sensor and the air box sensor. I am now getting 4.95 volts. I haven't had a chance to ride the sled hard yet. I did turn it off and restart a lot yesterday and no codes.

I am having similar problems with code 13,20,84. Were you having any running issues by chance or just the code? How did you check the voltage on your sensors and where are these ground blocks located and what do they look like? Thanks

First you need to get the 84 TORS code fixed. After you get that one fixed, go under the apex/attach FAQ. The one that says electrical gremlins is the grounding blocks to start. On the code 20, I just search on here over and over. I reread all of them that pertained to my similar problem. I would also get a copy of the Apex manual. Only code that would show up on mine was 20. I ran it all day one day until it wouldn't idle when I let off the gas at a stop. It would start right back up with a little gas. You have to take a volt meter to each wire connector on the sensors below the air by the ECU and the same one on the throttle bodies. One is the intake and the other is the Baro sensor. Pink/wh is positive and black/blue neg. Voltage should be between 4.75-5.25

I'm getting just above 1 volt on both intake and baro sensor testing pink/white and black/blue.

Back