• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code 43 help

marpolsdofer

TY 4 Stroke Guru
So I was riding my race sled around and a friend took my Phazer. We stopped for a short while but after that the Phazer would not start.

The High beam light comes on then shuts off and the display screen is normal. However when I turn the key I get the check engine signal, hight beam signal, yellow caution light flashing, and a flashing 43. This only happens when the key is turned. The started does not engage, click or do anything. Nothing on the fuel pump either

In the past few weeks I had the wire harness/hand warmer code, the sled turned for a sec but after never again moved or clicked the starter. When I went to pick the sled up (1 hour later) the sled magically was fixed and fired right up.

Also my head light have been taking a while to turn on as well.

I will look at the fuses and ground wires, I am just not sure what the real problem is.

I had the same issue last winter. It is a grounding wire update. The dealer should fix it if under warrenty and it should only take a few mins. If no warrenty then the part is only 20 or 30 bucks I think. There is a yellow wire connector box in the main wire harness just behind the rad and just in front of the oil ressivoir. If it ever happenes again while out on the trail just tap this yellow connector box on the main wire harness, like I said, just infront of the oil res. and just behind the rad.

I moved it/hit and it gave a 1/4 crank but then went back to pissing me off.

I will try a voltage test. Anyone know what the readings are?

Its a 08 by the way was not sure if that tells anything.

I might reference to the repair manual but I am really busy with stuff.

I had the same problem today with mine. I'm not 100% sure what fixed it but I was moving the harness around the ground update area and the starter would intemitandly engage but stop. Then I wiggled the tether that's installed on there and it has been working fine since. Regrounded the tether onto a clean metal bolt (Headlight bracket). Just went out to the shop and she fired right up.
Hope it helps!!

I never even touched it.
My tether ground in the fan mount bolt.
I was not able to do anything today. It was raining and the garage has a car in one side and the other side is all my dads tools.

cannondale27 said:
Maybe it was a froze relay.Was warm today probably unthawed.

It was 34 out side that day. When we rode, then a little warmer went we tried to restart it to turn around.
I was herein a little clicking to was very weak.

Back