• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

comfort clutch spring-great add

Ok guys,just had the vector running and I was wrong,at full choke it runs at 2500-2600 for the first few seconds then when I lower the amount of choke it idles at 2000 till it s warmed up. Idle speed is now 1300-1400. I checked my sync job and #1 was high by a little bit. I will be getting the comfort clutch spring on the next couple of weeks. How many of you got the whole kit,spring,rollers and helix?

Ju
Ok guys,just had the vector running and I was wrong,at full choke it runs at 2500-2600 for the first few seconds then when I lower the amount of choke it idles at 2000 till it s warmed up. Idle speed is now 1300-1400. I checked my sync job and #1 was high by a little bit. I will be getting the comfort clutch spring on the next couple of weeks. How many of you got the whole kit,spring,rollers and helix?
Just spring here too, I WANNA GO UP!!!!

I bought the spring this week and put about 60 miles on my sled this afternoon and it is a very worth while investment. The lower engagement is so much smoother. Nicer in tighter corners also. Gonna ride the next 3 days in the Keewanau area. So far so good. Will post if there is any downside.

Just put the BOP spring in my wifes '10 Vector. Engagement on the trailer is ~ 2500 rpm. No snow here in MN to actually test ride it but that is another thread..... :letsnow:

I ordered one last week from Barn of Parts and it should be in soon so I can try it out. I ride 2 up sometimes on really tight and twisty trails that if it works as good as everyone says I should be very happy.

Ordered the Schmidt bros kit today along with the anti rattle kit. Had an interesting talk with Chris,very nice and very helpful. :letsnow::letsnow::letsnow:

I must give a +1 on comfort clutch kit. Got it on the Phazer with stage 2 and new helix. At first, it didn't do much difference in engagement rev. But with a smoother hook up. 1000 miles later it engages sooner and a lot smoother, I can launch so smooth a can go 1 mile at a time on the speedo no problem. And the reverse is great. And it really pulls harder on 1/2 throttle than it did stock at full throttle. It's really amazing. That's how the sled should have come from factory :)

I got two. One for Apex & Vector.

We rode 150 miles this past weekend, & all I heard about from my wife was how much smoother it made her Vector.

On my Apex.... jury is still out. Yes, it lowered engagement to 2,500-2,700 but the Apex always was smoother at engagement than the Vector & never had that harsh "SMACK" upon re-engagement from say like coasting down a long hill.

I got a chance to go WOT on a lake & my Apex did seem to lose 500 RPMs on top(10,000 RPMs vs 10,500-600) The Vector however did not. But, losing a few hundred up top on the Apex in no way affected top speed. it still pulled hard to way over 100 MPH.

That's the kind of stuff I like to hear, not the part that I ride the same sled as you wife,lol,but good to hear. Where were you riding?

We were around the Tomahawk/Rhinelander/Minocqua areas

P.S. don't sweat it the Vector was MINE til she got her dickbeaters on it & layed claim to it.

Back