• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CONFUSED

red dog

Extreme
I don't understand why Yamaha is doing this. Wont the Viper and Nytro be competing for the same market with in the same brand ?? If I decicde I like the Viper, why not buy the Cat ?? The only reason I deal with the Yamaha dealer in my area is for the product. I know a great Arctic Cat dealer and if there selling the same stuff I might end up on a cat. OMG I can't believe I'm thinking about a Cat !!! Been on Yamaha since 1999.

yeah well if cat has the clutchs figured out on there sleds i wouldnt think twice on the 1100t the motor is a monster...the whole $200 a belt vs $60 a belt is why the yamaha in this market is the clear winner!

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Ill take Yamaha over the ZR 7000 cuz of fit n finish and Yamaha is known to be reliable.

"fit and finish" there exactly the same but cat has their own clutches (which are new and now have cooling fins so they maybe just as good as the yamaha ones) just pick a color at this point really

I will ride anything with skis and a track doesn't matter,green,blue,yellow,red or what ever color Polaris is....it's what feels good to me , they all have there problems and they all dart a little ....just pick one ride it,,,,,if you don't like it sell it and move on to the next one......

My next sled will probably be an Apex with EPS. But I will look into the Viper. And if I like it I will look at the cats too. They are going to be made in the same plant. Cat is not going to build a POS cat and a great Yamaha.This is part of why I'm confused.Yamaha making me interested in Cats. WTF ??

2008 Nytro RTX said:
Ill take Yamaha over the ZR 7000 cuz of fit n finish and Yamaha is known to be reliable.

You do realize they are same sled except for the clutches and torque link?? They are all assembled at the cat factory in Minnesota

jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

You do realize they are same sled except for the clutches and torque link?? They are all assembled at the cat factory in Minnesota
I do,Yamaha says it will be built to their specs not Cats

2008 Nytro RTX said:
jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

It's the same sled with blue panels. When they say specs they mean clutch fuel and shock specs.

jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

It's the same sled with blue panels. When they say specs they mean clutch fuel and shock specs.

The clutch is kind of a big thing mang, considering some of AC's problems in that area in the past...

One thing for sure is no "tunnel icing", So that basicaly knocks off 30lbs..

Yamahnator said:
jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:
jtssrx said:
2008 Nytro RTX said:

The clutch is kind of a big thing mang, considering some of AC's problems in that area in the past...

It may very well be but people need to stop saying its going to be different then the ac version quality wise when it's the same sled being built by the same workers at the same factory.

Why can't anyone just for once think maybe the cats will be better because of this. Not just say the viper will be junk. JMO

red dog said:
Cat is not going to build a POS cat and a great Yamaha.

You're right they're going to build an awesome Cat and an awesome Yamaha.

Back