• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

CONFUSED

maxdlx said:
Why can't anyone just for once think maybe the cats will be better because of this. Not just say the viper will be junk. JMO
;)! Yamaha will make the AC better to not just one

First off, Yamaha is offering a standard 3 year warranty to Cats 1 year. 2nd; I beleive this venture will make Cats better

yamahinn03 said:
One thing for sure is no "tunnel icing", So that basicaly knocks off 30lbs..

i dont know if anything changed from the 2012 pro cross to the new ones but the 2012 tunnel ices up pretty bad.

Mighty said:
First off, Yamaha is offering a standard 3 year warranty to Cats 1 year. 2nd; I beleive this venture will make Cats better

Thank you Mighty for the warranty mention...seems to be slipping all the bashers minds, Cat does stand behind the sled for that one year though...I have a buddy that lawyered up and they gave him a 2013 turbo RR for the problems he had with his 2012 snopro.

I think this sled has the potential to be the best 4S sled to date.

Mighty said:
2nd; I beleive this venture will make Cats better

Anyone that has tried pounding a Nytro through moguls knows this venture will make Yamaha better too :Rockon:

You guys need to spend a month reading the thousands of pages of posts on the procross and turbo sections on hcs...if you think its about a little clutch change etc go read for a month or so...the entire drive line has issues...and the quality in thief river falls is sub par at best

I see a ton of ProCross sleds on the trail and not one being towed? Can't be too bad? I'll take a couple visits to the service department to not have to tear my sled down, send out shocks and pay to have them valved the way they should have come in the first place. I'm not getting any younger and wrenching on sleds is getting old...at least they will be doing the work.

**sj** said:
and the quality in thief river falls is sub par at best

And yet they have an unbelievable following. Sometimes we forget the issues that Yamaha has been dealing with over the past several years

I for one have been pretty Yamaha loyal. The four new sleds Ive purchased have all been Yamaha , and Ive owned several used Yamis as well.
I am looking forward to some great sleds from Yamaha over the next few years!

Sno-Xr said:
**sj** said:
and the quality in thief river falls is sub par at best

And yet they have an unbelievable following. Sometimes we forget the issues that Yamaha has been dealing with over the past several years

I for one have been pretty Yamaha loyal. The four new sleds Ive purchased have all been Yamaha , and Ive owned several used Yamis as well.
I am looking forward to some great sleds from Yamaha over the next few years!

:Rockon: ;)!

RobWarrior said:
Mighty said:

Thank you Mighty for the warranty mention...seems to be slipping all the bashers minds, Cat does stand behind the sled for that one year though...I have a buddy that lawyered up and they gave him a 2013 turbo RR for the problems he had with his 2012 snopro.

Fwiw the 2013's had more issues than the 12's ...warranties don't do much when you lose riding time with a short season

**sj** said:
RobWarrior said:
Mighty said:

Fwiw the 2013's had more issues than the 12's ...warranties don't do much when you lose riding time with a short season

You act like every cat had debilitating issues. Theres plenty out there riding around with no problems. Is Yamaha by spades more reliable? Absolutely, but even they have their issues. This ignoring the fact that Yamaha has said they have been heavily involved in QC.

RobWarrior said:
I see a ton of ProCross sleds on the trail and not one being towed? Can't be too bad? I'll take a couple visits to the service department to not have to tear my sled down, send out shocks and pay to have them valved the way they should have come in the first place. I'm not getting any younger and wrenching on sleds is getting old...at least they will be doing the work.

Did you own one? I did it was a piece of sht.

I can't believe how willing so are to ignore two years of documented history of the procross being a piece of garbage.

I'm seriously considering the 137 inch Viper for the fact that my riding style is changing and I find myself doing more off trail riding and think it would do better than my Apex. But I am listening to what sj and jtssrx have been saying. They are both die hard Yamaha guys that went with Turbo cats and have both sold them due to constant issues. SJ bought a 2012 Apex when I did while Yamaha lost jts to Doo.

jtssrx said:
RobWarrior said:

Did you own one? I did it was a piece of sht.

I can't believe how willing so are to ignore two years of documented history of the procross being a piece of garbage.

Well you had a bad experience with one we get that. Not everyone did though and some love the chassis.

Back