• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Considering Removing OFT Steering Relocate

image.jpg

Wife's XTX has 2.5 Lake Effect riser, Powermadd hand guards w/ mirros + a taller windshield and I just put the bars straight up, she likes to stand.
XTX has the curved bars so they sit higher, sorta feels like ape hangers sinking down with that crappy too soft stock seat-
I put my WRP on it and it's perfect for her. Another one to be bought this season.

Last edited:

Do you even need hand guards with a tall windshield? I thought the windshield is big enough to deflect the wind around the handlebars?

The windshield doesn't cover the bars so I think they will definitely help. I managed to get them adjusted so they just touch at full lock.

Hey Porkchop,
On your sled with the 2.5" lake effect riser - Do the bars turn harder, the same or easier than stock?

A big selling point of the OFT was the change of the sweep of the bar, making easier to turn. I admit it has helped but I set myself up thinking it would be a huge difference - and was not.

MS

Both of mine came with the OFT / LE already installed but the difference doesn't seem to be any different to me- they're just a bit higher.

Back