• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Curves and Shapers-who's right and who's wrong?

TD Max

Lifetime Member
Just the one stud is off.

IMG_4428.JPG

yes

Says CA pro on the shaper pkg, but I assume they picked the same pattern.

I can bend and ream and stuff, but a nice new ski?

Contemplating trying Bergstrom triples anyhow and maybe his ski savers. I haven't found any good pics of what Bergstrom uses for pads and filler between the carbides and the ends.

Does it bother anybody else drawing down a flat face bar to a nice flat surface knowing that the welded studs have nowhere to go?

Last edited:
Ya c&a is what I used, not sure on that one, mine lined right up. Only thing I had to do was drill a hole for the very front of the carbide where it makes the sharp bend to go up. The curves didn't have that hole in them

This is the front on these. There is no curve to the bar it's completely flat. The front stud just needs to be a solid 1/8" maybe even 3/16" further forward

Line all the bolts up with the holes evenly and press them in as far as you can than apply the lock nuts evenly, that is how I did mine, same skis and bars.

Those are the same ones for my slydogs,I thought it was odd the tip wasn't bent up to tuck in the ski like usual but they fit good so not sure what to say there TD,I personally wouldn't be afraid to ream a little but I understand your reluctance to do so

3 of 4 line up perfectly. One of them does not. It is off by all of 1/8" to 5/32" by my latest assessment. In the picture it is already cocked in favor of the hole. Come at it straight and it is worse yet. I could bend the one, but it will bind once it is in deeper. About all I can do is ream the hole oblong or try different bars.

Call curve send them back and have them send another set of shapers, could be faulty weld.

3 of 4 line up perfectly. One of them does not. It is off by all of 1/8" to 5/32" by my latest assessment. In the picture it is already cocked in favor of the hole. Come at it straight and it is worse yet. I could bend the one, but it will bind once it is in deeper. About all I can do is ream the hole oblong or try different bars.
Is it the same on both wear bars and both ski's?if so I guess I would send them back but I'm surprised studboy is off that much

Bergstrom used my Curves as a template for building Curve specific Triple Point bars. I too, found the misalignment, stopped by his shop, showed him what I had. Give him a call!

You may have a set of C&A Outlaw ski carbides...which are different from the rest of the line up.

One of my shaper bars was like that, put a nut on the stud and tap it back, I have had other bars the same, a little off from welding. When I got the studs started, I put the weight of the sled on the bar and stepped on the ski,they went right in.

Back