• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Darting issue in 07 yamaha attak

Tushar

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
07 yamaha attak
Hey, I just bought 07 yamaha attak (my first sled)... I am facing serious darting issues with it.. looking for help here

That's perfectly normal, just hang on to the handgrips real tight! I am just kidding but if these are the factory skis and carbides with no alterations, they were terrible from the factory, I thought I was going to die at 40mph. There are many combinations that work, do a Search.... and you will find options. I did a 1/4 inch shim under the heel of where the ski mounts, put mountain skis on, and studboy deuce bars(I would think shim and deuce bars would work with stock skis also). Night and day difference. But that was probably 12 years ago. A lot of people swear by snowtrackers now.
Welcome to the site!

Last edited:
Tried all sorts of carbides on factory skis. Mtn skis with Snowtrackers has been my best combo to date. The deeper keel on the Mtn. skis help the ski grab the snow in the deeper tuff and the Tracker just plain holds the trail along with eliminating darting and lightens steering effort once rolling. Tried a pair of CA Pro(?) once. Good trail manners but heavy steering.

x3 on the mtx skis. ran them on my rx war and run them on both apex xtx. i use the 6" stud boy shaper bars with the 1/4" peice of rubber under the rear of the ski rubber. stock skis can work well with the ski shim mod and good carbides. i would also check your toe in as the skis should be toed out 1/8" at the front carbide stud compared to the rear carbide stud with the a arms parallel to the ground.

Had the same issue on my Attak. Added the Snowtrackers and stopped any darting.

Back