• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dealer said c a skis not for fx nytro.

patricktes

went to my dealer to buy c a trail x skis for my 09 se , and he said don't wast your time they steer way to heavy on your sled. he said he has 5 customers that bought and latter took them off, because they worn't a good match. instead he said buy curves "they were made for the nytro" . is that true ? i cant see spending $530 on a set of skis. the trail x were $350. when i himmed and hawed he just gave me a set of woody duellers for free and said try these. i know he wasn't just pushing the curves since he just gave me a set of $90 carbides for free. do any of you have any miles on your curve skis.how are they compared to stock.

I talked to LJ 452 and he has about 115 miles on them and said they are perfect. In my opinion, he is a very good judge of performance as well.

I have a set and will be putting my first miles on them this weekend. I will let you know.

lucky_7 said:
I talked to LJ 452 and he has about 115 miles on them and said they are perfect. In my opinion, he is a very good judge of performance as well.

I have a set and will be putting my first miles on them this weekend. I will let you know.

Lucky...What does LJ have? The curves or the C&A's.

I am deciding whether or not I want to go with some C&A XTX's for my Nytro. I love the pilots on the trail, but much of my riding is free riding off trail and I need some flotation.

For what it is worth. I put about 20 quick miles on my 08 nytro this weekend with my C&A pro's. I was trying to figure out and dial in the rear suspension. WHich was initially bouncing all over the place down the trail. The C&A's kept the front nice and easy to turn at 40-50mph, and straight as can be on the bumps. In the parking lot and slow speeds they are a little difficult to turn. My one buddy loves his powder pros. He says they corner and float great. He has used them on the trails for years, and swears by them. There is a guy on ebay selling them in many colors with the carbides for $380.oo a set. That is cheap. Just another idea if the C&A's are worrying you. I would think you would want a combination of flotation, for the heavier front end, and great grip on the corners for the rider forward style sled. IMO of course. Good Luck with your choice ;)!

Another quick question. Is your sled picked? If so how many? This may help determine how much steering help you need also.

Look at the new c&a xtx skis look pretty nice. That said I had razors and the did turn hard under 20 mph, so I switched to powder hounds and love them. Next skis however will be curves. Want a set of red black powder hounds LOL Maxdlx

Max, you need more muscle on your arms....LOL

I have the C&A Razors, and wouldn't have it any other way.

As LJ mentioned, we have been offering our special '08 Nytro specific carbide for our '09 customers. Curve Industries has an '09 Nytro SE with only 11 miles on it.... However, we hope to have a few hundred on it by the end of next week swapping out every 75 or so with different carbides to find the best configuration.

Needless to say, we are working our tail off to get you all the very best setup going for your Nytro's!

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

One more thing about Curves....It was Sunday night, around 7PM, and I was working on setting the toe out on my sled. I wanted to make sure I was doing it right, so I decided to call them.....guess what...they answered and went through the whole process with me.

I don't know about anyone else...but if somebody was trying to call me for something work related at 7PM on a Sunday, I would tell them to go to hell.

As LJ 452 said, we should have a few hundred miles on the sled after Saturday and will be able to provide our feedback.

I have razors on mine and love em. Yes the steering effort is more with C&A's but that's going to be true with any aftermarket aggressive ski. Some may claim to have awesome steering with less effort, which is true somewhat. But your giving up something for it.

I'm not it the greatest shape and I can ride my sled all day with the razors and not get tired, or sour arms. Go with the C&A's if you want a tried and true ski.

Ah yes, the Sunday toe adjustment call! Nick and I subscribe to the adage of, 'If you love what you do, you'll never 'work' a day in your life.

Some call us crazy to leave the doors open all day, every day. However, when you are in a pinch on a Sunday night, we believe most of our customers will call and thank us instead.

- Sean

www.CurveIndustries.com
www.RideWithRobbie.com

Back