• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Detailed Hyfax Fix

great post by the way rayman,cant get much clearer then you did ,didnt want to take away from this at all,im just saying we shouldnt have to do this to be able to ride

Replaced 4 stock idlers with 135mm doo wheels and added 2 extra doo wheels 1/2 towards rear of track. Absolutely no wear on slides after 200 miles in rather poor conditions. Did not machine or shim anything,just repaled wheels. Sled is 08 fx w/ 136 kit and 1 1/4 ripsaw. Last set of slides were toast in about 250 miles under better conditions.

parts

yamahabandit said:
Replaced 4 stock idlers with 135mm doo wheels and added 2 extra doo wheels 1/2 towards rear of track. Absolutely no wear on slides after 200 miles in rather poor conditions. Did not machine or shim anything,just repaled wheels. Sled is 08 fx w/ 136 kit and 1 1/4 ripsaw. Last set of slides were toast in about 250 miles under better conditions.

Hey my local dealer is having issues finding. Did you have CDN part numbers? :o|

I ran 4000 km with only very minimal slide left it seems like what someone else said they burn down quick and then stop looks scary but its amazing how long you can still ride with them almost done i really think alot of people are changing them too early just like i did

yamahabandit said:

Where did you add the 2 extra wheels exactly? What kind of mounts did you use for those 2 wheels (the doo mounts mentioned in this post)? Are they doo wheels or Poo wheels. I see Polaris 135mm in this post. Or are the POO and DOO wheels the same SHI* (no pun intended).

cawcislo said:
Anyone else do this to their sled?

I did the wheel mod on my Nytro last spring and 1700km later, the sliders are still in great shape, as are the wheels and rails. Quite the contrast to last year burning through 3 sets of sliders with the same mileage, and this year we have less snow and more ice.

SkiDoo has a 135mm with the 6004 and 6205 bearing I'm guessing the 6205 with the 25mm bore is correct and will fit the Yamaha brackets. You just have to check the offset for your lugs..?

Black 04-2135-20 Kimpex

Thanks

mytro said:
SkiDoo has a 135mm with the 6004 and 6205 bearing I'm guessing the 6205 with the 25mm bore is correct and will fit the Yamaha brackets. You just have to check the offset for your lugs..?

Black 04-2135-20 Kimpex

Thanks

Correct, it's not much of a concern if you were mounting these wheels on the outside of the rails. It's when you mount the idlers between the rails that machining of the mounts is necessary.

Grimm said:
mytro said:

Black 04-2135-20 Kimpex

Thanks

Correct, it's not much of a concern if you were mounting these wheels on the outside of the rails. It's when you mount the idlers between the rails that machining of the mounts is necessary.

Thanks, I want to go on the inside so I will have to have a look at them, are the Polaris wheels any closer on the offset?

Using Skidoo wheel supports that accept the wider 6205 bearing will keep the idler wheel centered between the inner track lugs.

sliders

I was changing them too early.
They burn down very quick and then stay at the min line.
Use 10mm wrench as guide if less hope you are in your drive.
Also, condition them on the first run...ride hard pack and heat them up, then get in powder and pack them to condition.
Got 3500km on last set and not great snow.

Grimm said:
Using Skidoo wheel supports that accept the wider 6205 bearing will keep the idler wheel centered between the inner track lugs.

So inside:

Skidoo supports and Skidoo wheels?

Or

Skidoo supports and Poo wheel?

or

Are both the same?

It would be a shame for Yamaha to make a 135mm wheel, I'm guessing you guys are going with the Ski doo and Poo wheels because they will take beating unlike the aftermarket wheels..

Thanks again...

Back