• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

dupont slides

subaru2006

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2016 Polaris SBA
anyone run them on there viper? i installed mine and ran around 450 miles so far. what i noticed was the slides them self are wider then stock. with that being the case it looks like the sides of slides are grooved in a little from the track clips. its hard to look at the inside of the slides but just appears to be the outside of them. i run my track fairly loose and was thinking the "aggressive" trail riding/boondocking i do might have caused this.. both sides are wore the same starting basically under the front wheels back i think. curious if anyone has this also? i will try and take a picture but it might be difficult to do.

subaru2006

I have them and measured about .050" wear up front only in about 440 miles of mixed conditions. I'm thinking that this is no reason to be alarmed. The slides have taken there initial wear in and should hold there. There is no pocketing or anything odd. I've heard from others that the stock slides act the same.

Last edited:
mine only appear to be wearing on the side of the slides... from where the track clip goes up on the lug. i dont know what that part is called. only have the wear marks on the outside of the sliders on both rails. it can only be accounted for the track moving back and forth(side to side). but its odd because it doesn't happen to both sides of the slides just the outsides.

for normal wear what are you using to measure them? iv seen people say 13mm, 14mm, 15mm wrench? mine are no where close to even the 15mm at this point so i know i have plenty of time.

subaru2006

I just ordered mine from Port Yamaha $130 a pr. My originals have over 2200 miles on them and just getting close to the line in front of the first set of wheels just back from the rail bend on my XTX.

Just got done putting them on my xtx. Got 4000 miles on the stock ones. Hope they are as good as everyone says.

I just changed mine also. They were the easiest set of slides to change EVER!!! I unbolted the old ones and removed them by hand!!! No pounding them off the rails!!

got 3000 miles on duponts. no other problems

So I must be the only one with the side of them wearing due to track clips. Lol. I run my track on the loose side. Must be the track going side to side causing it. The insides of the slides are not touched tho. Weird.

Subaru2006

I checked mine with a caliper. I could see that they had a bit of wear on the bend, but couldn't be sure.

I got my Duponts early season when Ulmer had his not going to Hay Days sale. I did quite well on that sale. Hit Powersports 1 on their 20% off sale and hit Port Yamaha for their 16% all the time pricing. Nothing like spreading it around a bit.

so i finally got around to getting that picture. i know slides typically have some wear marks on the side of the slides due to the track. i feel with the duponts being wider than stock and running my track fairly loose. when hitting the corners the track moves side to side more, also happens when carving with the sled on its side. my slides appear to wear a little more then stocks ones on there sides. its inconsistent down the sides and also on each slide. mostly on the right one more than the left. its about i would say around a mm deep. your thoughts? ive also checked the drives and there are no wear on them at all. the track is aligned within an 1/8" on the rear wheels. i also noticed this sled has more then usually rub marks on the inside of the tunnel. ive seen posts with people complaining about the track fraying more then usually and i have a feeling this is why. i can burn them and there back with a 100 miles. i have measured the tunnel to track and its right there. not much room for the track to go side to side.

subaru2006

I just put Duponts on my XTX, I have 9200 kms so if the duponts are that much better than the stocks I will be happy with that!

so i finally got around to getting that picture. i know slides typically have some wear marks on the side of the slides due to the track. i feel with the duponts being wider than stock and running my track fairly loose. when hitting the corners the track moves side to side more, also happens when carving with the sled on its side. my slides appear to wear a little more then stocks ones on there sides. its inconsistent down the sides and also on each slide. mostly on the right one more than the left. its about i would say around a mm deep. your thoughts? ive also checked the drives and there are no wear on them at all. the track is aligned within an 1/8" on the rear wheels. i also noticed this sled has more then usually rub marks on the inside of the tunnel. ive seen posts with people complaining about the track fraying more then usually and i have a feeling this is why. i can burn them and there back with a 100 miles. i have measured the tunnel to track and its right there. not much room for the track to go side to side.

subaru2006

Mine are same. Was running very loose track most of this year. Track is all over place tight or loose. Doesnt seem to matter though. No problems. 3000mi on Duponts.

Back