• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

EPS module drains the battery

Chief007

Country
Canada
Snowmobile
yamaha venture TF 2020
Hi everyone....my 2020 venture tf module drains my battery during summer ( forgot to disconnect the battery ).... is it normal ??? or something wrong with the module.This is my first yamaha with eps,thanks.

EPS should have nothing to do with this. If they key is off, the EPS is off. You may have some other parasitic drain, but for the most part, if the ignition is off, nothing should be draining.

Most of us will top a battery prior to storage and let it be for the winter. A battery tender is an option. But I have just gotten in the habit of putting a charge on before and just after storage, and gotten many years out of the stock battery.

My 2012 just got a fresh battery this past season, and was running the factory battery till then with this way of storing.

Good luck

Hi and thanks for the reply I made my homework before posting....I disconnected every connector,fuse.... everything and the only thing that drop the 0.23 ma to zero is the eps module..... that doesn't give me problem during the season I just want to know if is normal....it's been like that since I bought it new....tanks again.

normal on any fuel injected sled. both my apex's, brothers rs venture gt, other brothers apex mtx and last brothers phazer rtx/x all draw down the battery if left unattended for over 2-3 months.

Back