• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

feedback and best deal on GoPro?

dexter

TY 4 Stroke Master
Anyone have a lead for me towards a GoPro video set up? I have heard the regular is just as good as hd. anyone have reviews to add as well? thanks

get the VIO P.O.V. moto, way better, has a remote to turn it on and record. my batteries last a season rather than one trip out on the trail.

Not a fan of the Go Pro, I favor the Contour HD.
-has laser sights
-comes with goggle clip.
-camera lens resists snow
-not as easy to break as Go Pro

great feedback... anyone know of promo codes right now? I know they are floating around somewhere.

Gps HD Contour

Contour HD GPS Best Bang for the Buck and is sleek. Great Quality with a app for your phone to change settings and see where you are lined up for the shot. Go Pro is out dated and clunky to me.

so what are you running roam? gps? or plus?

how are the mounting systems? many options?

Got my gopro on amazon about a month ago for 240 dollars. That was for the motorsports pack. Have used it for mtb riding and dirtbiking so far and the picture quality is great. Lining up shots on helmet cam is the only problem so far, but that just takes a second more to get it right.

I don't know much about the other cameras out there but I have a go pro. I have yet to use it on the sled yet but it has been great while wakebording, tubing, canoeing, boating. I love how many different ways I can mount it.

I do find that aiming the camera is tough but for that I will be buying the LCD screen for it.

Quality has been great, I like the features (recording upside down with the recording upside right has been really handy).

I like how I can replace the lens on the case when I scratch it.

I have the original low def Go Pro Hero wide angle. Owned it for 4 years now I think.

This is my Youtube Channel. Vids from jet skiing, 4 wheeling, white water rafting and sledding.

http://www.youtube.com/user/108in3d

I have noticed that as the years go by the cam is getting a little less quality. Tried a firmware upgrade and really no help. But I love the thing, and never have the 'aiming' issue I see above... but with the wide angle lens I have I think it is more forgiving in that respect.

I have GoPro HD and no complaints at all. I tried it in different locations when ATVing, one of them was on the front rack with the RAM mount adapter. I could see the camera vibrating all over and thought the picture would be terrible but it ended up being really stable. Others that saw the comparison between the the view from the helmet and the rack, like the rack. Like Yamahas said, you will want the LCD screen. The only problem I have with it is that at 50 kmh you would swear that you are traveling at a much higher speed. The view from a 100mph run across a lake should really be something. I have to admit that the contour with the bluetooth would be interesting but that was not out when I got the GoPro.

Used wired Viosport bullet cam with Lanc control for years. Broke em, lost em, sunk em. Got a GoPro Hero 960 as a gift. Miss the remote control, prefer bullet cam design but I've used my Gopro doing all kinds of things from surfing to flipping off a diving board to mounting it to my emaxx. Vio makes good stuff but the cheaper cams on the market are a better value proposition. My next rig will have a remote so I can put it on my handlebars like my old Lanc remote.

Back