• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FX Nytro overheating

Keeping this thread going,
Just updating my findings. Stock 2012 Nytro XTX with an Auto Meter Pro Comp mechanical gauge installed.
All trail riding +10F up to +25F - gauge will typically read 190 in most conditions, found it odd that with 3" of fresh powder, no change my typical operating temp is 180 to 190F.
Rad fan kicks on at 200 and will keep it there for about 5mins, then begins to climb if idling for longer than 5mins. When I shut the machine down, water temp instantly climbs to about 210-215F, start her back up and will quickly fall to 200F.

I am going to start with direct battery power to a switch and tap in to the fan power wire and when temp gets above about 160 i'am going to turn it on and leave it run. Allen Ulmer told me he has done this with very good results. He asid when the fan comes on at 195 it just can't keep up! If I need more cooling than that I will put the Barn of parts dual fan kit in. For a NA trail sled the dual fan kit coming on at 195 would probably be the ticket! With the Turbo I don't want it to get to 195.

Back