• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Gas mileage

I'm getting 16-16.5mpg CDN.I got better gas mileage when I first rode the sled.My gas mileage has not got any better and I thought that forsure it would.I have 1200miles on sled.

My neighbor rides a 2008 XP 800. We started out on a overnight trip with both tanks full. When we filled up (I have a 2006 Attak) he put in $22, I put in $24. Exact same riding style, same conditions, everything.

He still brags that his sled gets better gas mileage to this day, however, I never had to add 2-stroke oil.

This may not answer your question directly, but it gives you an idea of fuel mileage compared to a new Skidoo equivalent.

During a trip to Quebec this year, My 06 Apex would take about a 1/2 liter more when filling up then my buddies 07 Rev 800GSX. I was very happy with that considering I'm at 150HP, 1000cc and pulling a lot harder than him on the trails. I wouldn't trade the motor for anything. the machine now has 2000 miles on it and I will be doing some upgrades during the off season. Time for some Simmons skis and a rear shock revalve.

2007 Attak.

Just completed a 470 mile journey and kept track of all the gas and mileage. Temperatures around -10 to -15C.

The trails were groomed for the most part. Freshly groomed on the way back and pushing a bit of snow on the way up (same trail). About 80% trail riding, 10% deep powder, 10% lake riding ungroomed. Running hard on occasion.

Overall average for the trip (470 miles): 17MPG Imperial.

I strapped a gas can on the back of each running board. I used the cans where you add gas in one side and chainsaw oil in the other. They work well as they have a nice indent for a strap. About 8.5 litres of gas in each one. The travel distance in one section was about 160 miles between gas points and I made it with about two gallons left.

Back