• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Got out with my son on our first ever trail ride together.

Irv

TY 4 Stroke God
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 40th Anniversary Vector.
1995 XLT SP (Son's)
My son, who is 12, got his sled license last Sunday so he was Jonesing to get our for a ride!
I took the day off Friday and did the same for him from school.

Headed out around 9 to great trails, although it was the foggiest I have ever seen sledding, but all in all a great day.

We did around 80k and my son handled my old XLT like a champ!
He has been riding sleds since he was 3-4 but hadn't been on a sled in 3 years so I was obviously concerned.

We seen more traffic than I would have liked but with the warm up/rain coming, I knew it was going to be busier than normal.

I let my son lead occasionally on a less traveled trail and he did great, rode cautiously and I was impressed how easily he seemed to handle the XLT.

All in all it was a great day, and a day I had been waiting for a long time!! ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0501 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0501 (Large).JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 157
  • IMG_0503 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0503 (Large).JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_0504 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0504 (Large).JPG
    66.4 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_0507 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0507 (Large).JPG
    115 KB · Views: 175

good deal. nice taking the kids, great bonding time. i purchased communicators(colletes) for the 3 of us when we ride together. great peace of mind and i feel a lot more relaxed when riding. plus they can plug there ipod in to listen to there tunes. ;)!

The best thing in the world is riding the kids. Sure looks like you guys had fun can't wait for my son to get a little old to ride on his own.

sgauthier said:
good deal. nice taking the kids, great bonding time. i purchased communicators(colletes) for the 3 of us when we ride together. great peace of mind and i feel a lot more relaxed when riding. plus they can plug there ipod in to listen to there tunes. ;)!

I did purchase some removable mirrors for my Vector from Hibsman (Travis) and they worked great!
Way better than turning around every 30 seconds or so watching for him, but the communicators would make things even better. ;)!

Thanks for the advice, and to everyone else as well, it was a great day and I am looking forward to many more!

Nice to see you are getting out Irv! Nice pictures, your son is 12?! Big kid haha must be a football or hockey player.

Irv great report, riding with the kids is great.

I am still laughing about my first 'trip with my son' when he was a young kid on a full sized sled-ski doo 368 cc S chassis Touring E. One day he slides by me at a trail stop sign, I walk up to him to tell him to be careful, that could have been bad etc.. When I get to him he is all upset saying,, "I just can't do it, I can't ". I could see he he was very upset so I decided I better support him not ball him out as I was thinking he thought he couldn't Ride snowmobile . After a couple minutes of confusion he says, NO I JUST CANT DO IT, I CANT SING IN MY HELMET!!

Murse said:
Nice to see you are getting out Irv! Nice pictures, your son is 12?! Big kid haha must be a football or hockey player.

I thought the same thing when I uploaded the pics, couldn't believe how big he looked on his sled.

He is 5''2" but I guess his gear, with a Tek Vest on makes him look much larger than he really is?

I do have some pics from when he was 3-4 on his Kitty Cat, and some more when he was 7 to 9 on his Indy Lite, and I can't believe how much he has grown and the short period of time it has taken him to get there!

I have heard it all my life from my parents that time flies, but never gave it much consideration until now. :o|

Ride #2 with my son this past Thursday.

Took my son out for his second ever trail ride Thursday and couldn't ask for a better day!.

Tons of snow, perfectly groomed trails, not too cold and 130 km's later, we were still ready for more.

Headed out east from the Port Perry SC, stopped at Noone's on the 115 for some fuel and a snack then headed east again to the old look out so my son could see the Brimacombe ski hills from afar.

Rode to the big tree in the Ganny then headed back and did some loops around Port Perry.
Seen a couple deer, with one being a little too close for comfort for dad, but my son thought it was pretty cool.

All in all, another great day, and my son looks like he has been riding for years! :thumbsup:

Attachments

• IMG_0544 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0544 (Large).JPG
    58.3 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0546 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0546 (Large).JPG
    60.1 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0550 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0550 (Large).JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_0552 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0552 (Large).JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_0554 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0554 (Large).JPG
    137 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0555 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0555 (Large).JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0558 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0558 (Large).JPG
    130.7 KB · Views: 109
Another ride this past Friday, or ride number 3 for my son.

Two buds decided to come along this time and my son really enjoyed sledding with them, thought it was pretty cool. ;)!

Not a lot of pics, was too beauty out not to ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0620 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0620 (Large).JPG
    113.4 KB · Views: 114
  • IMG_0622 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0622 (Large).JPG
    111.4 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0624 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0624 (Large).JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 111
BOUNTYHUNTER said:
A BAD DAY OUT RIDING......IS....

BETTER THAN A GREAT DAY AT WORK!!!

AWESOME IRV......Those are days that last forever and the pix will be shared a LIFE TIME
:Rockon:

I agree, but couldn't get him out for a ride yesterday.

He's been pretty busy with hockey, buddies etc so I don't blame him, but what another beauty day he missed.

It was around +4-5 out but the trails around Port Perry and the Ganaraska Forest were holding up great. I did about 150 km's on what might be my last ride of the season?

Around 1200 km's now, but the best miles I did this winter, by far, were the 330 km's I did with my son. ;)!

Attachments

• IMG_0629 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0629 (Large).JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 131
  • IMG_0630 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0630 (Large).JPG
    99.9 KB · Views: 113
  • IMG_0633 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0633 (Large).JPG
    120.1 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0634 (Large).JPG
    IMG_0634 (Large).JPG