• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

great sound- but

yamadog1

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
while i was out splitting wood 10 harley's passed by, the sound
was awesome, but if it was 10 snowmobiles that loud the DNR would
write 10 tickets. not complaining just a thought.

Yup, totally agree. You can hear these things for miles, doesnt matter if its crossing private property or not, you can still hear these things loud no matter where you are, even if the road is far away.

Loud pipes saves lives! This is their reasoning and mine. I have very loud pipes on my bike and since putting them on the number of times I have been cut off has reduced quite a bit.

Sled Dog said:
Loud pipes saves lives! This is their reasoning and mine. I have very loud pipes on my bike and since putting them on the number of times I have been cut off has reduced quite a bit.

A quick tap of the horn works, And you don't have to deal with the constant irritating noise !

snowsweat said:
Then shouldn't you point them forward?

Sound travels in all directions and faster than my bike can go. If people would learn how to drive and give motorcycles the same respect as an SUV then I would have quiet pipes. That is not going to happen so I will take my slight chances of getting a ticket and pay it using the bike. The money saved riding a bike pays for a ticket in no time. With quiet pipes and no extra lighting in the front people say when they cut off a bike in front and are the ones at fault. I DIDNT SEE IT! Which is a bunch of crap if you cant see a bike then you should not be driving at all. Everyone should be made to ride a bike to feel your vulnerability on the road. To see how many times in one day you get cut off in front and tailgated from the rear then all of a sudden you will start to see bikes. Since riding a bike I know for a fact I am a much better driver than before becasue you have to be on major alert at all times. On a bike even when your right you lose in an accident.

Vmax540 said:
Sled Dog said:

A quick tap of the horn works, And you don't have to deal with the constant irritating noise !

Not the wimpy horns put on stock bikes no one hears them. I just ordered a Stebel Nautilus air horn at 139 decibles if they dont hear the pipes they will hear the horn. You guys also forget mosts roads are public unlike sledding which a lot trails are on private land so that is why bikes are not ticketed much for loud pipes.

Sorry but I'm with Sled Dog by the time you see the guy merging into your lane and you hit the horn it could be too late. LOUD pipes do save lives they would already know you were there. :ORC

Riding a bike on the freeway during rush hour is like playing roulette. Having a loud bike dramatically reduces the odds that some butt head is going to run you off the road because he didn't know you were there. I agree they can be obnoxious at times but if i can reduce my odds of being splattered upside some car i'm all for it. :-o

noise

guys my point was that i don't mine the noise even if i hear about 100
bikes on a good summer day i live on us2, but i still don't like the DNR.

I hear ya all on the unsafe issue. I just don't think it is fair that these bikes can keep their pipes even AFTER the ticket has been writen. On a sled, In WIS, your second ticket, the DNR can take your sled. WTF?
I live on a River and Lake, and there are alot of partying going on down here. Loud bikes drive right by my house all the time, which is only a few feet, and usually rattle my windows. I live in the wilderness, what's the differance if I was out on a sled? Nothing.
Let me keep my pipes so those drunk sledders hear me coming up around the bend. I'd pay the fines, just for these reasons, like you all that ride bikes. Plus they do sound kool.

1CS

APEXLIGHTNING said:
Riding a bike is your choice, nobody is making you. if your reasoning for riding with loud pipes is that its unsafe, then dont ride it.

Not unsafe they are safer! I ride because I enjoy it and the choice to have louder pipes is also my personal preference to each his own. My brother rides a silent goldwing that is also his choice and I have seen him almost get run off the road more than once.

Back