• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Has anyone raced an 800r?

Just was wondering if anyone has lined up the 08 Nitro to the new doo 800R? I have been on both this web site and DooTalk and I have not heard anything on any race results between the 08 Nitro and the 800r? These (2) machines are the most talked about and no one has actually lined them up yet?

:flag: :4STroke:[/img]

Attachments

• NITRO 096.JPG
    NITRO 096.JPG
    137.7 KB · Views: 93

unpride said:
Hes probablly right, but in the long run I dont think an XP will hold up
I understand quality is an issue w/ the R. I just was wondering if someone actually raced one. Short run or long run. I watched and Fx Nitro @ the grass drags in epping and man that sled was impressive. It roasted (2) rev 800's. Is the R that much faster or is this pure speculation that the Nitro doesn't have a chance? I have an 05 Warrior which is for Sale. When I lined this sled up with Doo 800's (From start to finish) I never lost. Now I have a lighter sled with approx the same HP. I guess i can't see it being a blow out? :dunno:

scottydog1 said:
Just was wondering if anyone has lined up the 08 Nitro to the new doo 800R? I have been on both this web site and DooTalk and I have not heard anything on any race results between the 08 Nitro and the 800r? These (2) machines are the most talked about and no one has actually lined them up yet?I trhought you lived in arrowhead scotty,why does it say springvale?? I will wait for you,dont worrie lol..

was ridin revy one week ago and my nytro could hold its own against the xp tradin mark for mark..I would say he could high mark me by about 3-5 feet on a hill. His was broken in mine had a paltry 102 miles...plus the nytro was ssssssoooooo much easier to throw around

mnmsnowbeast said:
scottydog1 said:
Just was wondering if anyone has lined up the 08 Nitro to the new doo 800R? I have been on both this web site and DooTalk and I have not heard anything on any race results between the 08 Nitro and the 800r? These (2) machines are the most talked about and no one has actually lined them up yet?I trhought you lived in arrowhead scotty,why does it say springvale?? I will wait for you,dont worrie lol..

Wait for me? I live in Springvale now Pete. I will bring the tow strap if and when you receive your R. LOL I don't want you to miss the Beautiful scenery after the R breaks. :-o :flag: Happy Trails.

scottydog1 said:
Nikolai said:
The Nytro has better low end but the top end fades out and the Doo will take it.

Have you actually raced one or is this just speculation? :yam:

I've spent close to 300 miles this year riding with an 07 summit 800R and traded sleds multiple times. Not speculation. On hardpack it will be close, but in deep snow, the lighter weight of the summit clearly helps. Simple power to weight math.

This is mountain riding though, I would imagine trail riding will have different results.

Nikolai said:
scottydog1 said:
Nikolai said:
The Nytro has better low end but the top end fades out and the Doo will take it.

Have you actually raced one or is this just speculation? :yam:

I've spent close to 300 miles this year riding with an 07 summit 800R and traded sleds multiple times. Not speculation. On hardpack it will be close, but in deep snow, the lighter weight of the summit clearly helps. Simple power to weight math.

This is mountain riding though, I would imagine trail riding will have different results.
Thanks Nikolai. You must have a MTX then if you are riding with an 07 Summit. I can't wait for the trails to open up in Maine. There is snow up north but the trails won't open until the lakes and streams freeze. Then I am sure I will see an 800R and I will let you all stock to stock what the outcome of this match up will be. Pete (mmsnowbeast)is already frothing @ the Mouth to run these (2) sleds. I know mine will be stock except it will be studded. Pete's on the other hand will definately be tweeked hopefully for the worst. Seeing as though he jumped the fence to ride a doo- pop! pop! :o| Let it snow!!!!!

I wouldn't think 138hp would keep up with 151hp - has there been any dyno results on the XP? - is it actually 151hp?

Nice lookin sled by the way scottydog1!! ;)!

yammiman said:
I wouldn't think 138hp would keep up with 151hp - has there been any dyno results on the XP? - is it actually 151hp?

Nice lookin sled by the way scottydog1!! ;)!

Nope... Read a few different dyno results and they all seem to be around 141-145hp. God forbid you mention this to the guys who bleed yellow.

Well, if this sled comes out of the hole on snow like it does in the grass race vids we've all seen, I'd say the results will be good, especially with the 1.5 Intense track on it ! I'll let you guys know, got a few guys around here who dream of bananas in their sleep, but will be haunted by raging blueberries soon enough ! ;)!

Back