• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HAS ANYONE TAKEN OUT THERE SWAY BAR?

i just cut it on one side so i could yank it out from the other side. I used a hacksaw with steel blade.

Removed mine after two seasons using it. Like some others posted you will nee to use more air in your Fox shocks or higher spring rates in your coil spring shocks to compensate as removing the bar lowers your overall spring rates. I ride mostly high performance trail and the improvement in performance was noticeable immediately. Better ride quality, better turn in and less under-steer were the major improvements. I was able to remove mine with out cutting it but it takes some time and patience.

So overall removing it will increase front end handling? Im tempted to just disconnect it to try this wnter however I will have the subframe out so prob easy to remove it then.

Yes, Much nicer and easier to ride on the trails and using stiffer front spring rates keeps the nose up and the travel longer which also contributes to a safer and more stable chassis.

Do yourself a favor and just disconnect it and tape it back or just disconnect one side and try it. I took it out but did not cut it and I put it back in. As the front end really dives with it off. But to each there own

ZX4EVER,

If you don't increase your front spring rates it will definitely handle worse and be more dangerous

Thanks guys. Have taken my sway bar completely out. Can't wait for snow.

ZX4EVER,

If you don't increase your front spring rates it will definitely handle worse and be more dangerous

Yes I realize that and I did pump up my fox floats to compensate. But in my opinion then it felt like pogo sticks. All I was trying to suggest was trying it before grinding or removing it all together as it is not that easy to access the bolts that hold it in.

I don't have fox floats in front but have increased preload. If it is close, just gives me a reason to buy some.

Back