• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

HELP. Uneven slider wear.

Ok I think I got it (within a 1/16") I'm gonna leave alone now till I get new slides on it next week. I think I'll go with the dupont and bigger wheels I don't wanna change slides every other week. Thanks for all the help.Don't know what to say about uneven wear tho. It's a mystery everything else looks fine.

IMO if you go with the bigger wheels, the duponts aren't required....I've got over 6000km on my sliders (with lots of life left). I've got the excel wheels and run the track tension at manual specs. I also run the Trics down all the time which probably pays a part although to what degree I don't know...

I've got a buddy that has a 1.75 and just upgraded to excel wheels because he was having slider wear issues...I'll check with him and see how his slides are holding up.

edit: 1500km + with no signs of wear

Last edited:

Good to know. Maybe I'll just try wheels first. What's are trics down all the time? Is that ice scratchers?

I run track loose as long as it don't ratchet.... scratchers help too ... duponts with 1000ish miles on them now very little wear and brutal snow conditions this year for 300 of those miles

The duponts are a huge improvement. If you have the time increase the idler wheel to larger wheels, but the duponts really do a great job. I found some Kimpex wheels this summer that look identical to Yamahas and installed them. They are helping. As for the scratchers, they are good to have but I only use them when the snow is concrete or crossing hard lakes. MS

what do you mean not centered? like track is off to one side farther? maybe drivers arnt centered to where they should be? I dunno im new to nytros but that just popped in my head.

Excell wheels and dupont slides, you can totally forget about slide wear for years...

I put duponts on and slider wear is nom existent so for. Stock wheels don't even touch at moment either

I'm not sure I'd run the DuPont's unless the track is fully clipped. Excel wheels are the big improvement and also provide lesser rolling resistance. 5000 km's on my slides with Excels and many more left.

Excell wheels going on tommorow morning!!! :brrr: gonna be cold here in Michigan high of 2 low -19

Back