• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

High AFR at idle

upei93

TY 4 Stroke Guru
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2015 Viper X-TX LE MPI turbo
2009 Nytro XTX
Since I got the new flash my idle AFR is very high...when real cold start idle is around 1800 and AFR after guage warm up is in the high 12’s which is good (MPI says can be as high as 14.7). Problem is as it warms up rpm drops to 1500 and my AFR readings climb...flashed 17 yeasterday...but as long as I keep idle at 1800-2000 by feathering throttle it’s stays in the 12’s...I even tried to richen up my green setting on my GEMS and AFR’s are still high. Sucks that I can’t walk away from my sled when it warms up...should I be worried? I have a MPI low elevation kit...EABC, D&D pipe, Ulmer mid pipe, intake out.

I have a hurricane 190 and mine was high as well but richened up mine with pcv by 5%. problem is mine ran so hot it melted my side panel when that lean at low tight trail speed.

I have a hurricane 190 and mine was high as well but richened up mine with pcv by 5%. problem is mine ran so hot it melted my side panel when that lean at low tight trail speed.

I only have the problem at idle...riding I’m fine...actually rich...was bouncing 9’s until I changed my GEMS settings to Mr Sleds numbers.

That's ok, but in tight trail with alot of off throttle cornering it'll be lean or coming down from a full throttle run , the lean idle won't do it any good.

That's ok, but in tight trail with alot of off throttle cornering it'll be lean or coming down from a full throttle run , the lean idle won't do it any good.

You are right...we just don’t have a lot of those trails here...I have the green idle setting at 5 but I think it only kicks in when I give it fuel...guess I’ll try bumping it up...will probably end up with a PC5 Pti before this is over...about $600 Canadian is cheapest I’ve found.:(

Yes! Alot more adjustability. How are your hot starts? Mine where terrible. I added more fuel at 750-1700 rpm and it starts great now hot.

Yes! Alot more adjustability. How are your hot starts? Mine where terrible. I added more fuel at 750-1700 rpm and it starts great now hot.

Hot starts are fine...I actually really like the new flash except for the idle and maybe some rich spots which I made better with Mr.Sleds #’s.

Back