• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Ice build up.

Re: ICE

nytro addict said:
rough rider said:
I use dupont snow and ice spray

Where did you buy this stuff at and do you think its working at all?

I had to buy it on Amazon.com, went to 3-4 hardware stores and couldn't locate it, no one seemed to have a clue what I was talking about. It was under 20 shipped for two 10oz. cans.

Here's are some pics of my build up after 100 miles today with about 2-3"s of fresh snow that's alittle wet.

Here in the 1st pic is the worst build up of snow which is down by the header which I didn't enclose, cause I was worried about to much heat build up.

Attachments

• snow tunnel 076.JPG
    snow tunnel 076.JPG
    521.9 KB · Views: 68
  • snow tunnel 077.JPG
    snow tunnel 077.JPG
    555.1 KB · Views: 65
Here's mine after 150-miles at about 0F.

I think I win the clear tunnel contest.

But now I'm concerned that I need more melt for the slider lube. Goes to show that it's always something or something else.

Attachments

• IMG_4498.JPG
    IMG_4498.JPG
    105.7 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4500.JPG
    IMG_4500.JPG
    83.7 KB · Views: 76
What are the measurements of your plate arteex? also how thick is the metal...just sheet metal?

Well, I used the Dupont on the tunnel and suspension this last weekend and it did seem to help, I would not say its the cure for it all but did help, thought I am still on the fence about it since the conditions were warmer and it was mainly snow/slush build up but was at least 50% less build up then before. I really think I am going to have to put in the radiator delete kit from MPI to stop the issue dead in its tracks. I may wait till next year and do it with a CR tunnel.

stopdropanroll said:
Well, I used the Dupont on the tunnel and suspension this last weekend and it did seem to help, I would not say its the cure for it all but did help, thought I am still on the fence about it since the conditions were warmer and it was mainly snow/slush build up but was at least 50% less build up then before. I really think I am going to have to put in the radiator delete kit from MPI to stop the issue dead in its tracks. I may wait till next year and do it with a CR tunnel.

go to the dollar store a by a can of furniture polish for a buck. Same results but cheaper

Yea I have a lot of build up underneath my tunnel also. I hate when it does break off and goes to the front off the bulkhead and makes that grinding sound..I just simply stop put it in reverse and there lays a 15 to 20 pound ice chunk on the ground :o| I also feel that the rear tail light is going break/crack with all the ice build up I get around it, anyone have a aftermarket tail light?

Hey guys, for those who live in Canada, I found a similar spray in the snowblower section @ Canadian tire... Have not tryed it yet.. It's in a clear spray bottle and I believe it's made by Spray nine... About $7. Let you know what it's like when I get out next ride..

Radar22 said:
Hey guys, for those who live in Canada, I found a similar spray in the snowblower section @ Canadian tire... Have not tryed it yet.. It's in a clear spray bottle and I believe it's made by Spray nine... About $7. Let you know what it's like when I get out next ride..

I'll check it out today..I've gotta go to Crappy Tire anyway....could be on sale right now seeing as we have NO snow...and it's raining :o| ..thanks Radar ;)!

i sell the same stuff off my sears repair van,new stuff came out this year,supposed to make all the areas that contact snow slippery so it blows snow better,ive seen it at sears and lowes by the snowblowers,8 bucks i think,cant tell you how it works tho,never tried it,dont have an issue since i removed my tunnel protectors,maybe spray it on the skis to help with the heavy steering lol

sledheadgeorge said:
stopdropanroll said:

go to the dollar store a by a can of furniture polish for a buck. Same results but cheaper

most wont believe you since its so cheap...but Im in!

sj said:
sledheadgeorge said:
stopdropanroll said:

most wont believe you since its so cheap...but Im in!

Works great on the Grizzly's rad as well when you go mudding with the ATV's in the summer. Mud just falls off it and machine stays cool. ;)!

Back