• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is changing to a 23T top worth the effort

Mine did not come with the bearing. I would just order it as trying to remove the one in the 38T may not go as planned and then your buying two anyway. They are pressed in the bearing, not difficult to do, if you have a bearing/seal tool or just a large enough puck to place over the race while tapping it in place. It is pretty lame that they don't come with the bearing, must be either different suppliers or maybe different bearings for different sleds.

Oh well....I'll order the berring as well....why stop now........weird its 26 Degress C here and all I think about is the sled these days.

whits-end said:
Not to hi-jack this thread, but if I stretch an '06 Apex GT to 136" loaded with nails, do you think the best choice would be 22/38 for the best low to mid performance?

yes..

SledFreak said:
whits-end said:
Not to hi-jack this thread, but if I stretch an '06 Apex GT to 136" loaded with nails, do you think the best choice would be 22/38 for the best low to mid performance?

yes..

What about a 23-40 or 22-40? I just like the larger bottom gear. But it is more $$$.

23/40 is the same as 22/38. 23/40 is what I am currently running.

Does anyone have a list that shows what came stock in the sleds?? I had my chain chase apart last week to replace the drive axle, and when i got it apart, i counted the teeth, and im running 23/38... Reading this thread makes me believe that it isnt stock.. ?? I ran against a 2010 apex LTX, all stock, and out of the whole i was 3-4 sled lengths apart, but as soon as i we got to the 90-110 mph range, she slowly pulled on me until she was 1/2 sled length ahead and we basically stayed just like that down Piston alley! i didnt count my chain, but i would assume its the 70 link chain.

if someone can fill me in, i would appreciate it!!

Regards, Brandon

Back