• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

It’s finally over for Yamaha

Across all of Yamaha's product lines the only ones that I'd say are dominant are the motocross lines and especially boats.

The ATV and SxS are Ok, but could be much better still IMO

Tell us something we don't know
Yamaha will drop a turbo 4 ST in the Polaris chassis, Polaris will paint it blue put some fancy shiny Yamaha stickers on it, you guy's will be right back in business again, best power and riding sled you ever owned, your now riding a Yamaha again:rofl:

Yamaha will drop a turbo 4 ST in the Polaris chassis, Polaris will paint it blue put some fancy shiny Yamaha stickers on it, you guy's will be right back in business again, best power and riding sled you ever owned, your now riding a Yamaha again:rofl:
Do we need to remind you why Yamaha wanted Cat's chassis in the first place?
If they hadn't partnered with Cat years ago, Yamaha would have ended the sled division long ago.

I've heard from good sources Yamaha will not be supplying Cat after 2025.
The more I think about it the more it makes sense for Cat to source their 4 stroke engines from their parent company. Yeah I’d say considering Ski-doo, Polaris and now Cat all can source 4 strokes internally it makes no sense to buy engines from Yamaha. It’s a lot easier to engineer an engine and chassis to fit when the companies are working internally. There is also a better profit margin with more internal cost controls. I’d say the people who say Yamaha engines are done after 2025 are correct. There could be some lingering Procross models into 2026 like a Pantera 7000 or something along those lines to finish out a supply contract, but I bet it’s basically done.

It appears to me it is after 2025
I saw 36 months for parts availability but also a statement that parts are available for a LONG TIME.

I'm thinking 2028 is when some parts become nla. Engine wise I may pick up a stator or a turbo. I've seen a few posts about stators failing and some turbos. Wish we could rebuild that turbo.

Do we need to remind you why Yamaha wanted Cat's chassis in the first place?
If they hadn't partnered with Cat years ago, Yamaha would have ended the sled division long ago.
Yamaha has always been a motor company first, the new Yamaha bean counters cut the Yamaha sled pride and signed a deal with the devil ended their sled making day's in 2014, but on the good side Yamaha built us a unbeatable new turbo, 2018 the last Apex and a few more leftover 2 up chassis and utility sleds ran a few more years, Yamaha never said they would not supply engines to other OEM's after 2025, I knew Textron would stab Yamaha in the back like they did to Polaris back in the day, rumors that Textron will use a farm tractor sounding Webber 4 strokes in the near future for their sleds, Yamaha may not produce a chassis for us but thinking their ability to make and fit engines into snowmobiles won't go away though, to the next chapter

I saw 36 months for parts availability but also a statement that parts are available for a LONG TIME.

I'm thinking 2028 is when some parts become nla. Engine wise I may pick up a stator or a turbo. I've seen a few posts about stators failing and some turbos. Wish we could rebuild that turbo.

Its incredibly hard sometimes to predict and control shelf-life and availability of parts as a manufacturer. You may see some low qty items become hard to get before 2028, some will hang around longer. It all comes down to Cat as the single largest commitment they have for inventory lifecycle.

Parts will probably be available for years to come. You might have to source some things through Cat and do eBay searches, but a lot of parts will be out there. This is a different situation then if a company simply went out of business completely.

I'm dealing with parts for my outlaw 525. Even with it being a super popular engine ktm is nla for some engine parts. I do have a few deiveline parts that I will sell when ever I give it up.

Parts will probably be available for years to come. You might have to source some things through Cat and do eBay searches, but a lot of parts will be out there. This is a different situation then if a company simply went out of business completely.Wha
What about parts for Yamaha made machines, Apex, Nytro, Vector, Venture, the old 2 strokes- how long before they ax these parts? I have heard they only supply parts 7 years after the machine is discontinued?

What about parts for Yamaha made machines, Apex, Nytro, Vector, Venture, the old 2 strokes- how long before they ax these parts? I have heard they only supply parts 7 years after the machine is discontinued?
Ebay

Back