• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

Pics I promised....
Earthling, I need your help. Can you please verify with the team, what you found on my cold fire clutch noise? As I know you made your way to the group and listened to it personally. If you choose to ignore, I understand your position.
Your delay in this matter will only further my delay in helping others solve this situation.
Please earthling do the right thing.
View attachment 174909View attachment 174910
View attachment 174911

?? I never looked into anything. I did listen to your video and I, along with several other people here and on FB commented that your clutch sounds a little off. That wasn't a comment about the video of the clutch starting up that you posted on FB, it was about the noise the clutch was making as you pulled it into the garage, under load. When RPM came down, it was much quieter.

Is that the grease that came in the kit?
Yes
YOur knockout collar looks to be seated in too far
Knockout was set flush. If it moved in, my guess would be it made contact with something. I can measure it if you like, but looking at it it's not as bad as the pic
NYTurbo, I think it may have happened when I was setting it with a 2x4 and the 2x4 indented allowing the seal kit to move past a touch.

Last edited:
?? I never looked into anything. I did listen to your video and I, along with several other people here and on FB commented that your clutch sounds a little off. That wasn't a comment about the video of the clutch starting up that you posted on FB, it was about the noise the clutch was making as you pulled it into the garage, under load. When RPM came down, it was much quieter.
Ok, clutch sounded 90% better (cold running) that's all I needed to hear, thank you very much

Quick shout out to Mike (knappattack) for explaining to heat the case b4 removing Snubshaft. It was night & day easier to remove once heat was applied.
Note: his suggestion came in before Tapp recommended it in their new instructions.
At least I thought it was him...haha

Quick shout out to Mike (knappattack) for explaining to heat the case b4 removing Snubshaft. It was night & day easier to remove once heat was applied.
Note: his suggestion came in before Tapp recommended it in their new instructions.
At least I thought it was him...haha
So u decided to pull it back apart. Looks like yr collar stayed put and didn’t stick to the crank. Good news!
A far as I remember he said to warm the engine up to operating temp first. That worked for me came right apart

So u decided to pull it back apart. Looks like yr collar stayed put and didn’t stick to the crank. Good news!
A far as I remember he said to warm the engine up to operating temp first. That worked for me came right apart
Sorry, yeah I took a torch to the case and it basically need very little persuasion.
Then I cleared all the grease from inside the hub and splines on the crank.
I forget the reason why you are taking it apart? Perhaps the green loctite? Are you going to replace grease with like or something else?

Sorry, yeah I took a torch to the case and it basically need very little persuasion.
Then I cleared all the grease from inside the hub and splines on the crank.
I forget the reason why you are taking it apart? Perhaps the green loctite? Are you going to replace grease with like or something else?
I don’t think I’m gonna take it back apart. I was worried when u brought up the other guy that had his collar stick to the crank I was thinking about removing it altogether but i think I’ll just run it maybe wait till next year to pull it apart and repack, locktite it or remove it

I don’t think I’m gonna take it back apart. I was worried when u brought up the other guy that had his collar stick to the crank I was thinking about removing it altogether but i think I’ll just run it maybe wait till next year to pull it apart and repack, locktite it or remove it
I know this is going to sound crazy. But the clutch noise never bothered me, never even gave it a second thought. So for the cost of a dinner out, I thought alright, I'd give it a try. And now that I understand what it's like to not have the noise. It's making me crazy haha. Doing my best to see to it that it's taken care of, one way or another.

Last edited:
Did someone mention that these kits are available for the Nytro and Vector?

Ok, I got the 998 version from TD but didn't see the other listed. I'll call thanks

Back