• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Knockout kit

They don't compare. Hurricane ring is adding rotational mass which is what is really needed to dampen the clutch harmonics. The ring and grease is IMO a gimmick. I fired my sled up the other day with the TAPP primary and I still have rattle, yes the TAPP still rattles a bit too with a few miles on them, just nothing like the Yamaha primary.

I myself wouldn't bother with the knockout kit again on a machine, it was cheap to try, yes, but IMO its meh, which is fine, I wasn't expecting much for help in the matter. Seems to have helped some of the Yamaha primaries at idle however from some of the videos, but IMO is not "the fix" for a loud primary clutch. Only fix for a loud primary is a quieter primary like the Cats run or a PB80. I ran the PB80 on my old 1200 Doos both NA and turbos, they actually work very well as a trail clutch, you just cant work with engagement RPM at all other than spring changes.
Nice. Does the hurricane ring take out the 4-5000 rpm rattle or just at idle

FYI. I did a viper and it started to rattle after a small amount of time and when I pulled it a part the ring was stuck on shaft. Once I pulled ring back off, I green loc-tite it and reinstalled the next day. So far so good.

If that ring don’t stay in place the rattle will be back.

FYI. I did a viper and it started to rattle after a small amount of time and when I pulled it a part the ring was stuck on shaft. Once I pulled ring back off, I green loc-tite it and reinstalled the next day. So far so good.

If that ring don’t stay in place the rattle will be back.
Ya know, Mr Sled...I honestly believe 80% will be happy!
I think the load of high rpm being put on the splines is displacing the grease almost immediately.

How many of you that have had the noise return used green loctite on the sleeve?

Well I have installed this kit when it first came out it actually came with blue grease I had to press mine in no lock tight.I just installed my clutch’s from servicing them and holy cow it doesn’t even rattle a bit sounds good but I m sure with due time it will. Need some snow please.

I've been riding this past week.
I went riding without it first. In the bushes my sled had the noise at around 4400.
I have rode a few times since with it in. The noise is barely noticeable now.
Sled idles quieter also.
I loctite them in because the interference fit could be tighter. I use ALL the grease.
I'm convinced it makes a nice improvement and it's a small price to pay.

Back