• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Left Boot Syndrome

I've had wet feet both times I've ridden, both feet though. But I account that right now to the crappy boots I'm wearing.

Next time (either Sat before Christmas) or after the first of the year I'll have new boots to test out and then I'll report.

i had some problems also but the first time i experienced it was the first time on the trail and it was really powdery and my foot was absolutly soaked i could have rang out a glass of water/sweat from my sock but the other times it hasn't been bad as it was the first time.

Maybe this has already been brought up...but...

Is the snow/moisture coming from the vents that are in the plastic directly behind the clutch (about knee level..)? Or are they coming from the vertical metal at about chin level?

lucky_7 said:

Is the snow/moisture coming from the vents that are in the plastic directly behind the clutch (about knee level..)? Or are they coming from the vertical metal at about chin level?

CHIN LEVEL?????? What are you 1' 3"???? You must mean SHIN level!!!!! :tg:

skyboz said:
lucky_7 said:

CHIN LEVEL?????? What are you 1' 3"???? You must mean SHIN level!!!!! :tg:

Hardy har har!!!!

As skyboz so quietly pointed out....I meant Shin! ;):D

I have been looking at my buddys fx he also thought that the snow may be comming throgh the vents . He has his sled in my garage so i get time to look at it closely rather than the snow at shin level comming in the vents I tend to think that the shape of the side cowl sucks the snow around and onto the leg like an airplane wing would move the air . It looks like it needs some kind of deflector on the side to push the snow around the leg . I am also going to see if I can find a solotion for his wet feet caused by the water comming down the side of the tunnel . I have an idea how but will try it first on his sled and see if it works .
Tom-RX1

Tom.....I agree, mine isnt as bad as some but for sure it starts from the outer edge of my bibs first which makes sense with your cowl theory....trail guys, wish I had powder to ride in.....so I could complain about it...LOL.

I pesonally think that the heat from the clutches are dumping hot air on your leg keeping your pants warm. If any snow hits your leg it melts and causes the build up of water in your bibs. I have Klim gear and a few times breaking trail I noticed my left leg bottom was very wet but the bibs did what they were suppose to do and that is repel the water.

Here is a pic of what I was talking about.

Can anybody say for sure where it is coming from?

You have 3-4 potential ideas:
Vent in plastic
Vent about feet
Seeping from under seat/plastic
Countour of side panels

Attachments

• t_fx_nytro_kneepads_863.jpg
    t_fx_nytro_kneepads_863.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 69
Sled Solutions said:
I pesonally think that the heat from the clutches are dumping hot air on your leg keeping your pants warm. If any snow hits your leg it melts and causes the build up of water in your bibs. I have Klim gear and a few times breaking trail I noticed my left leg bottom was very wet but the bibs did what they were suppose to do and that is repel the water.

I'm thinking this is the deal, myself! I'll pay extra attention this weekend!!!

I dont understand then how my sock still got wet on a day I rode packed down marked trails and I was up front pretty much the entire time?

I think the heat is coming out throgh the holes in front of the foot.
Theese pictures are taken at the end of a day of riding last week.

The first one is just to show what conditions i was riding in.
The second one is the right runningboard wich is covered with snow.
The last one is of the left running board were the snow is melted by the hot air.

Attachments

• left.jpg
    left.jpg
    534.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Right.jpg
    Right.jpg
    211.7 KB · Views: 98
  • Sleds.jpg
    Sleds.jpg
    359.8 KB · Views: 115

Back