• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Love my winder

DMCTurbo

VIP Member
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2017 Sidewinder XTX LE 137
This forum is so depressing, all it is anymore is negativity. I'm on a week long trip through the Laurentians in Quebec and just can't wipe the smile off my face. Year 4 on my winder, 12000 kms, 220 hrs and loved every minute of every ride.

I love mine too. The power is off the charts addicting and so much fun!

If you address the major issues...you’ll be fine. You can’t address every single little issue..you’ll be there forever/drive yourself crazy, and it’ll sap your joy of the sled, and sport.

My name is Brian and I have been high on my Winder for four years and counting. I still can’t get over the pull these things have. I get a lot of friends that want to ride mine and I ride there’s and there is no comparison. There’s is light and nimble but the front is not planted plus I am waiting for the thrust to kick in but it’s not there. I get back on mine and it feels like Cadillac with a rocket. So much fun it should be against the law.

Now that I have the roller and belt issues in my rearview mirror, I'm loving mine too. Lord knows it's taxed my patience, but since going to the RX-1 primary, life is good. Top it off with the some go fast Hurricane tunes, BOP MPS arms, driveshaft saver and some tack welds on the tensioner and it is my all time favorite sled.

The Cat chassis handles and rides so much better than anything on the market right now and I love the creature features and ergonomics. If I was going to order a new sled it would be the same machine.

I feel the reliability is where I want it now and would be confident trecking out alone on it for thousands of miles finally. Of course, it was from the help of all the guys putting their heads together on this forum and going thru the pains of their breakage to get the few items that are problems addressed and get fixes put together. It's sure has been a bunch of testing and sleepless nights for a bunch of us.

I rode all day with no gloves on, it was +7C, cruising down the railbeds at 140-150 km/hr at 1/2 throttle just chuckling in my helmet. Smooth big power, planted, corners on rails like my old school Srxes. Handles the chop with little effort. Yamaha/Cat nailed it with this package.

Cheers

The wife and I just finished up a week of riding. Left home on day 1 and came back home on day 5. Sleds worked flawlessly the whole time.
Sleeper sidewinder with the tune bundles...

20622.jpeg

Picked one up this fall and having a blast with it. Wife liked it so much that she decided she needed one too. Finding it so much easier to ride than our past sleds and we've had all the different flavors of Yamaha's through the years. The power is so smooth and they ride better than any of my other sleds without a bunch of messing around. I anticipate some mechanical things coming up from time to time. Part of owning toys.

I love my Winder too but I just can't seem to get it to be as nimble in the tight trails, you really feel thr weight of this thing and that's with suspension very well setup, C&A XPT's and the BOP MP's. Also not as fast in the heavy chop as a 2 stroke! Mild chop this Winder is amazing but bigger bumps that rear skid just doesn't do very well on.

Second season with it and I'm at 9000km so far, likely be at 11000km after this season.

I love my Winder too but I just can't seem to get it to be as nimble in the tight trails, you really feel thr weight of this thing and that's with suspension very well setup, C&A XPT's and the BOP MP's. Also not as fast in the heavy chop as a 2 stroke! Mild chop this Winder is amazing but bigger bumps that rear skid just doesn't do very well on.

Second season with it and I'm at 9000km so far, likely be at 11000km after this season.
Almost got through a thread with no negativity.

Almost got through a thread with no negativity.
I am not saying it's a piece of crap, not at all its been a great sled, just some slight short comings! More like constructive criticism lol and would love to hear others who's winders work good in the crap trails and how they are setup!

I am not saying it's a piece of crap, not at all its been a great sled, just some slight short comings! More like constructive criticism lol and would love to hear others who's winders work good in the crap trails and how they are setup!
I noticed mine didn't feel right in the real rough stuff at about 50 mph, so I increased the speed.
Smoothed right out.

Thank You DMC Turbo. You are so right. These are great machines. There isn't another sled that can put that sh_t eat'n grin on you face all day long. Keep up the positive posts. I love my Winder and all the power it has( maybe a bit too much at times vs my old ride, LOL)

Back