• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Midwest snow report

Heard they sunk a groomer by your place in the UP on trail 11
YUP! My buddy buried his side by side in the same hole.. Not this year but in the fall one year.. The water was up to his cojones sitting on the seat :oops:. That's my access to trail 2 going north.. It runs just east of Chaney lake. Wife went up and got our riding gear and said no way Jose on riding at the cabin.. Did manage to seat the rings on the cattle #*$&@. got 250 on it,, Added tons of weigh to the primary as it was way to light from CAT AGAIN.. :confused:

Sure glad we made it to the Sparta area in Wisconsin last weekend- first ride of the season- hopefully not the last-

Attachments

• WISC SPARTA.jpg
    WISC SPARTA.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 30
We have been riding once or twice a week in our area but mainly on the lakes as there is little snow and trails are not groomed or open. Our rides are typically only @ 100 miles with a packed lunch in a quiet bay or behind an island. Definitely not our 200-300 mile days on groomed wilderness trails with a restaurant lunch like we normally do but at least we are riding and the chain of lakes are smooth and interesting.

Next 12 days are looking pretty warm in our area and the three feet we had on ground is going away real fast.. Thats really too bad because it was such good riding for One Week…

We are looking at brown ground. Local news forecaster is calling it "the winter that never was" already. He's saying Feb is slated for well above average temps so I don't have much if any hope of turning a track here. Close to 50F temps in the forecast. Nightime lows above freezing.....

We are looking at brown ground. Local news forecaster is calling it "the winter that never was" already. He's saying Feb is slated for well above average temps so I don't have much if any hope of turning a track here. Close to 50F temps in the forecast. Nightime lows above freezing.....
It's not over till the fat lady sings, but she's definitely clearing her throat....

We've all seen brown winters but I don't ever recall it being so wide spread. When the Arrowhead of Minnesota and the UP are struggling that's a real bad winter around here, at least for a snowmobiler.

This year wasn't bad. Asked a lot of questions, listened and learned. While it appeared I was going in different directions, I was merely gathering, trying to understand as much as possible. Testing advice was short lived due to the ever changing conditions.
Got one solid day in of riding and if the season is over now, I couldn't be in a better position to start next year. Sleds going into the off-season healthy.
Screenshot_20240128-174243_copy_360x267.png

Have trailer will travel. Had to cancel our first trip (9th -16th) and now our next trip UP (Feb 10th-17th) is in serious trouble. Instead of sitting at home and hoping we are making plans to head to Maine 10th -17th. Gotta do something, not gonna go all season without riding.

This year wasn't bad. Asked a lot of questions, listened and learned. While it appeared I was going in different directions, I was merely gathering, trying to understand as much as possible. Testing advice was short lived due to the ever changing conditions.
Got one solid day in of riding and if the season is over now, I couldn't be in a better position to start next year. Sleds going into the off-season healthy.View attachment 175306
Good to hear, just like me the sleds are going healthy into storage.

Drove them off the trailer into the garage in the fall and then going to drive them back into the trailer for storage.

Probably not the only one.

I threw up my hands on riding sleds this year and trailered to Florida last week. We unloaded at Daytona Beach, and rode everywhere from Naples to Key West in 3 days.
1000005150.jpg
1000005141.jpg
1000005168.jpg

Last edited:
I threw up my hands on riding sleds this year and trailered to Florida last week. We unloaded at Daytona Beach, and rode everywhere from Naples to Key West in 3 days.
Until the week B4 last, they've been plagued with terrible weather as well. Freezing temps & lots of rain. You may have just missed it. Glad you got to ride something. Lol.

Until the week B4 last, they've been plagued with terrible weather as well. Freezing temps & lots of rain. You may have just missed it. Glad you got to ride something. Lol.
Correct! We missed the rain in Florida, but it was very cool down there. Highs in upper 60s and 40s at night. Key West was the warmest at 72°.

There was more snow on the ground, south of Nashville, than I've seen in Indiana in two years.

Crazy winter!

Back