• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

MR SLED

rtx moose

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2017 sidewinder LTX LE,2007 RTX,2000 SRX700
Are you leaving ?because apparently you don't chime in anymore..what future do you see for future yamaha sleds???just a cat?

Are you leaving ?because apparently you don't chime in anymore..what future do you see for future yamaha sleds???just a cat?

Why bother chiming in! I dont get any inside info, I know nothing about that new sleds. I only try and help those that need some help on what I know. That is about all I can offer. As far as the site, as Facebook continues to rip the traffic away from TY with stupid user groups we may slowly dwindle away. Thats why the site is full of google ads. The only way I can keep the site up. VIPs are less, Advertisers dont stick around.. its sad but inevitable. If the users of the site stick together maybe this great resource wont be lost. That's about all I can offer at the moment.

On a side note!! Next year will be our 20 year Anniversary for TY Rides.

It's sad to see forums in general going that way. I personally hate FB. Info in there is garbage and not laid out in an ordered fashion. And then you have those that come here from FB and necroposting in a 10 year old thread.

It will probably happen, just like it did for Newsgroups (remember those?).

It's sad to see forums in general going that way. I personally hate FB. Info in there is garbage and not laid out in an ordered fashion. And then you have those that come here from FB and necroposting in a 10 year old thread.

It will probably happen, just like it did for Newsgroups (remember those?).

Well the entire social media is ripping the word a part. We dont need it and we could maybe get back to normal if it was gone.

Mr Sled you are absolutely right social media is going to kill this country oh wait it already has. I do appreciate all you do for this site it is a wealth of information. I don't know how you do it to be honest I realize that everyone has there own opinion but it sure seems to me there are certain individuals on this site that don't really care what Yamaha does. They say they bleed blue but just seems to me they are just stiring the pot and are really just Ski Doo trolls. I will use this as an example I won't buy a SideWinder because it doesn't have EPS, Yamaha introduced Winder with EPS, I won't buy a SideWinder because it is in a Pro Cross chassis. It never ends, Snowmobiles are a very small part of Yamaha and the way the weather has been and the price of these things how can anyone justify buying a new one every year. I'm just happy Yamaha is still in the game period. I've said this before Yamaha's are not perfect but neither are any of the other manufacturers all you here is the bad, there are plenty of stock Vipers and Winders out there with no problems. I guess that is what a forum is for everyone to voice there opions and it is what it is. I have been a Yamaha guy my whole life and not just snowmobile you won't catch me swinging my leg over anything else no matter what the circumstances, to me thats true blue Yamaha. I hope you stay Mr Sled but I honestly wouldn't blame you for pulling the plug with no insite on the future and all the carp talk that has been on here lately. Thanks Again for all you do.

Mr Sled you are absolutely right social media is going to kill this country oh wait it already has. I do appreciate all you do for this site it is a wealth of information. I don't know how you do it to be honest I realize that everyone has there own opinion but it sure seems to me there are certain individuals on this site that don't really care what Yamaha does. They say they bleed blue but just seems to me they are just stiring the pot and are really just Ski Doo trolls. I will use this as an example I won't buy a SideWinder because it doesn't have EPS, Yamaha introduced Winder with EPS, I won't buy a SideWinder because it is in a Pro Cross chassis. It never ends, Snowmobiles are a very small part of Yamaha and the way the weather has been and the price of these things how can anyone justify buying a new one every year. I'm just happy Yamaha is still in the game period. I've said this before Yamaha's are not perfect but neither are any of the other manufacturers all you here is the bad, there are plenty of stock Vipers and Winders out there with no problems. I guess that is what a forum is for everyone to voice there opions and it is what it is. I have been a Yamaha guy my whole life and not just snowmobile you won't catch me swinging my leg over anything else no matter what the circumstances, to me thats true blue Yamaha. I hope you stay Mr Sled but I honestly wouldn't blame you for pulling the plug with no insite on the future and all the carp talk that has been on here lately. Thanks Again for all you do.
I guess I haven't noticed people leaving,facebook is terrible and I am thinking of closing my account after watching the documentary movie SOCIAL DILEMMA..You guys should watch it..I hope this site stays forever tom and I think you have done am excellent job running it..:yam:

Amen brother! I do have an account but just for Marketplace. It doesn't have any of my real info and I only have a couple of friends for sharing stuff. No picture, no name, nothing. Even then, it STILL finds people I may know that are unrelated to anything or anyone it knows about. Scares the #*$&@ out of me.

Last edited:
Yea the only reason I am on there is I used to live in Sweden and it's a great way to stay in touch with my friends..yea facebook is gay other than that!!

I am also not on Facebook never will be. I Troll this site often and have found it invaluable to keep my Yamaha toys running. I don’t post much. I also need to troll Doo and Can Am from time to time when working on Friends toys. The information available over there is sparse compared to here and I’ve noticed a lot of negativity/harassing of posts/people. I think that is the real difference when you own a Yamaha product it comes with a sense of community. We only have two dealers in my town, Yamaha and BRP. At my dealer you can go in have a chat, borrow a tool, talk to the mechanic about tech/tune, no issue. At BRP it’s all business, we will sell you this or that and if you need advice we will book you an appointment for service, and no we will not reveal any tuning secrets that might help you be better than us.
So thanks Mr. Sled for your continued support!

Back