• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

need help 04 warrior wont crank with key

scott boddie

Extreme
Country
USA
Snowmobile
04 WARRIOR
my 04 warrior wont crank with the key it will crank with a screwdriver on the 2 wires on the solenoid and start if I hold the key and jump the starter solenoid and stop using the screwdriver it will keep cranking and start but the head light is very dull if I unplug the plug on the solenoid the power is good to the lights and dash if I plug the wires back in to the solenoid they get very dull the kill switch works and the key switch works if I jump solenoid for a split second it will keep cranking with the key WTF... has anybody had this issue I have no clue !!!

So with the key in the on position you can jump the solenoid? Sounds like a bad solenoid. Had this happen on my 09 Nytro.

Dumb question? Is the kill switch up? They will not crank otherwise! Just sayin:o|

Go through this with the wife a lot, tell her to use the ignition key not the kill switch. There only for EMERGENCIES and if the switch should fail it will not crank/restart.

i tried jumping from the battery pos .to the first fuse my sled works fine I think ign .both sides of the fuse have power that way everything works great but no power fuse is good key works and kill switch works

i tried jumping from the battery pos .to the first fuse my sled works fine I think ign .both sides of the fuse have power that way everything works great but no power without jumper wire fuse is good key works and kill switch works

Last edited:
sorry I didn't finish my sled is still not working .if I don't run the jumper wire from battery to the first fuse it acts like no power to crank has anybody had this issue NEED YOUR HELP !!!

I've had the problem, I added a starter switch for a short time until the permanent fix. Sounds like a bad solenoid to me. Mine was bad, I now have an extra just in case. I have also lost the ground. I ran a wire from the solenoid to the frame, problem fixed.

Back