• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Need some expert help

Yamaha_Racer

Country
USA
Snowmobile
Apex se
Need some info help on apex se has 5000 miles, replaced starter motor, solenoid, all the fuses and relays, just won't start, backfires then pops

no codes?

Thats a typical sign of a stator or pickup coil going out but usually there is a code (12) to go with it.

I had a problem a few years ago where the sled would turn over, it would catch, backfire, pop etc but would not start. This eliminates fuel, air, spark as even a backfire requires all of those, so you should just be down to timing. The problem I had was the stator was toast.

I had a problem a few years ago where the sled would turn over, it would catch, backfire, pop etc but would not start. This eliminates fuel, air, spark as even a backfire requires all of those, so you should just be down to timing. The problem I had was the stator was toast.
Going to try change stator hopefully that will change everything n fire up

Back