• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

now that the SW is the new big dog, i'm sad because i think this may be the last year for the APEX...........
Sadly, I think it may be. But then why did Yamaha update it last year with the Singleshot skid? And YCCT on the Vector? :dunno:

Would this help for getting a better suspension from yamaha next year
upload_2016-3-3_20-33-46.jpeg
Take some of the profits from this new sled and BUY THIS !! Done deal
upload_2016-3-3_20-33-46.jpeg

Just to clear a point,, i have a 2016 ZR8000 with QS3 shocks, and a few of my riding buddies have 2016 zr9000 with QS3 shocks...these sleds handle probably the best in the industry for a 4 stroke , i would say on par with the BRP 1200 wich i had last year .. so if you put a Yamaha engine with little or no lag, over 180 hp and ESPECIALLY good clutching out of the box.this is probably the best of both worlds... so the sidewinder IS the best of both worlds..if it had a EPS even if not that much necessary, it would be the perfect sled..but still...i think it will dominate the 4 stroke market and all the high power sleds...

Well help yamaha build a better suspension for the apex who knows. If it helps apex sales why not. Come on guys think of ways to help yamaha build a better sled like the apex we are the one who put all those miles on our apex's.
Automotive Suspension Systems

Automotive-Suspensions.jpg

Our Magneto-Rheological (MR) technology enables new levels of performance in automotive primary suspension systems. In an MR suspension, controllable MR fluid replaces traditional hydraulic fluid in each shock absorber. As sensors monitor road and vehicle conditions, a controller modifies the damping characteristics up to one thousand times per second. This enables dramatic improvements in both ride comfort and handling and can be used to improve the driving characteristics of any vehicle, from high-end sports cars, to sedans and SUVs. First introduced in the 2002 model year, the system now appears on more than a dozen models from a wide variety of OEMs, including:

• Audi TT
  • Audi R8
  • Buick Lucerne
  • Ferrari 599GTB
  • Holden HSV Commodore

Features and Benefits

• Shock and Vibration Control - Provides both firm cornering and superior isolation from road shocks and vibration
  • Fewer Moving Parts, Less Manufacturing Complexity - Fewer moving parts than conventional controllable shocks; 60%fewer parts than valve-based semi-active damper systems
  • Low Power Consumption - Peak power is 20 watts at each of the system's four dampers
  • Quieter Operation - Quieter in operation than those based on conventional servo-valve technology
  • Durability-tested and Approved - Surpassed all automotive durability testing for primary suspension shocks and is endorsed by two leading component manufacturers. The durability of this technology is further validated by more than five years of production and billions of incident-free road miles in Class 8 vehicle seat suspensions.
  • Passenger Protection - Provides continually optimizing, re-settable safety solutions that maximize crash safety for vehicle occupants of all shapes, sizes weights and positions. By combining MR's infinitely- variable control with advanced sensors, an MR passenger protection system can be adjusted to provide the perfect resistance based on the impact severity and the passenger size.
  • Optimal Impact Response - Enables infinite, continuous and automatic control of occupant-protection systems corresponding to the physical attributes of occupants as well as the impact forces exerted upon the vehicle
  • Dynamic Impact Response - Allows re-optimization of occupant-protection settings throughout the entire duration of instantaneously recurring impact sequences
  • Minimal Package Size - Provides higher dissipative energy density than any other controllable material technology
  • Millisecond Response Time - Counters impact forces in less than 10 milliseconds"...................................This info is from LORD suspension, I'm sure it's not cheep, but I always thought this would work on a snowmobile, I'm sure the japs could fine toon it to work on there sleds

WRONG!!!!! and if u have to ask "where the fit and finish is"...you haven't done much reading on the new sidewinder......while it's true the base chassis is similar to the Viper...the plastics are different, and attach differently (according to my dealer)...and this engine is very different from the 1050 viper....I am also getting tired of these trolls...I hope you start booting some of these guys MR SLED...I don't go to dootalk and trash the etecs..it's obvious that some these guys have done little reading on the sidewinder, or they'd know the differences between them and the viper. :home::ban::yam:

So give me a bad magazine review then?

I have ridden Yamaha all my life, currently a 16Viper... i know quality when i see it. And this AC built sleds are not up to the good old Yamaha Quality. Its the truth and if you disagree its your oppinion as this is mine.

The Sidewinder does not impress ME. They should have done more. Chassie is to old and dont really fit the Yamaha engine well. If they had shanged the switches, brake lever, trottle and gauge that would help so much on the quality feal. Nobody would disagree on that. So whats the hold up? I just dont understand.... shuld have been an easy fix to do on Yamahas sleds only. The truth is that they won't change it. Its like they have no saying on the sled itself.

Why i'm telling people im not impressed is one for hoping Yamaha reads this. And second somewhat knowing this wont help Yamaha alot on sales in the long run. They need more to drag people from other brands.

Saying that the engine is an masterpiece with mitsubishi ecu (guality). Not the low cost china ecu on the Viper engine with all its problems. Tru Yamaha piece of art. On the startup on one of the videos i could hear the perfect start ignition. Sounds smoother in general.

And last, my knowledge about Yamaha sleds is more then most people have. Every page i read there is wrong information given about sleds. Thats what's bleeding blue is all about. In a good and a bad way....

I have owned an ridden them all.....you can say cat in the past hasn't had the best fit and finish...but they have improved..to simply ignore their improvements is silly....nobody has seen the finished product (as far as the sidewinder is concerned )...but improvements were mentioned....btw...I know alot about yamahas too..I was raised on them...my family's first sled was a 1972 sw433...our second sled was a 72 sno jet sst 292...I owned a 75 gpx 433 with gyt kit, a 78 exciter, an 80 ss, and a 1980 srx...I also had an 89 exciter le...and many more

Very interesting about the rod problems that apparently happened with the later '16 Vipers that were turbo'd. I wonder why that happened with the 1049's in 2016, after all those stellar years to have a bad year just before the Sidewinder intro seems very odd. I definitely could be missing something (like facts.....).

Has Yamaha addressed that alleged rod problem on the non-turbo 1000's for 2017? It could be they are going with two designs now - the non-turbo 1000's maybe can't be turbo'd now, meaning MPI will have to get pretty creative going forward. Could be that Yamaha made a power play here to corner the turbo market.

I'm really excited about the new/old 2017 Yamaha VK540. I love my Vector on the trails and it has been completely problem-free, but I also love 2-strokes for powder play. The SRX120 was the small step that signalled the partnership; which led to the Viper which led to the Sidewinder. Now Yamaha is back in the 2-stroke business and that just feels right. That 'breaks the seal', they are no longer a 4-stroke only sled company. What's next?

Very interesting about the rod problems that apparently happened with the later '16 Vipers that were turbo'd. I wonder why that happened with the 1049's in 2016, after all those stellar years to have a bad year just before the Sidewinder intro seems very odd. I definitely could be missing something (like facts.....).

Has Yamaha addressed that alleged rod problem on the non-turbo 1000's for 2017? It could be they are going with two designs now - the non-turbo 1000's maybe can't be turbo'd now, meaning MPI will have to get pretty creative going forward. Could be that Yamaha made a power play here to corner the turbo market.

I'm really excited about the new/old 2017 Yamaha VK540. I love my Vector on the trails and it has been completely problem-free, but I also love 2-strokes for powder play. The SRX120 was the small step that signalled the partnership; which led to the Viper which led to the Sidewinder. Now Yamaha is back in the 2-stroke business and that just feels right. That 'breaks the seal', they are no longer a 4-stroke only sled company. What's next?

Yikes!! The 2s Bravo was in the line while 4s spread throughout the rest of the product line but I sure didn't think that quailfied Yamaha as a performance 2s engine contender in anyway. BUT....Whatever flotes your boat is fine with me.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back