• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like the same headlight, and will probably have the same body plastics, as the Cats posted on Facebook earlier today. Probably, and hopefully, LED lights.

Birkebeiner

skidoo is coming out with a 850 or 860 twin two stroke... Arctic Cat 870 two stroke, Yam well a supercharged or turbo 4 stroke? seems like this year the big dogs decided tu get the power out there...gooood..

where did you hear 870 2-stroke from cat?

That's the picture I was referring to. It was posted by "Arctic Cat M Series" FB page yesterday.

Birkebeiner

It sounds a little different so maybe a new motor? Something with 150+ HP? Whatever it is I'm excited to find out.

I am beginning to think the new Cat big dog and new Yammi might be one and the same........

I'm just hoping they're not gonna take the existing viper motor, slap on the turbo they already offer us, and call it an all new sled.

The factory turbo vipers I've ridden are not all that impressive. I really hope it's something more than that.

But that certainly sounds like a 3 cyl to me.

No Apex Engine! No money from my pocket! Wonder what 2018 sleds will be like? At least they should be pretty in Anniversary trim.
Until then I'll keep racking up the miles on my '08 Anni. Need another 450ish miles to hit the 20,000 mark.
20160126_121306.jpg

I am beginning to think Yamaha is just going to be an engine supplier before too long. Rumor on HCS is that the 500cc Suzuki 2 stroke is being replaced by the Phazer motor. So we are likely getting the turbo 3 cylinder and a Phazer in the Procross chassis for 2017.

Has to be the new YXZ SxS motor. 998 cc triple 4-stroke rev'd like hell...my money is on a new joint chassis or at the very least fresh new plastics to differentiate from Cat's application...hoping for rear exhaust

This sounds like a 3 cylinder in this video. But whats weird is the rpms sound higher than my nytro. Maybe they made a new clutch that can handle higher rpms. Then put new plastics and led headlights

This sounds like a 3 cylinder in this video. But whats weird is the rpms sound higher than my nytro. Maybe they made a new clutch that can handle higher rpms. Then put new plastics and led headlights
I think that is precisely what they've done...with the YXZ motor.

What happened to "YOU HAVEN'T SEEN ANYTHING YET" I hope this is just one of the sleds ! I want something new and exciting not remashed !

Lets see, we want something new, but we are not going to be happy unless it has an old engine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back