• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
snowdust.jpg
I just noticed this. look at the a-arms. defiantly doesn't look like the tall viper spindles, the a arms seem really low kinda like the apex

At this point we shouldn't rule out an axial piston rotary engine contained within the driveshaft.
well there is some thinking going on, those sachs rotarys were a good motor there is no reason that with modern tech you could spin the hell out of it!!! uncle used to have one in a evinrude and we could pull all them saskwatches that we trapped home with no problem

I have a guy that has a little know on the inside in the industry, he has been right more times and he has been wrong but he also has been wrong sometimes. And not completely wrong he just tells me a sled that is coming out this year and it doesn't come out until the year after that's happened sometimes. He told me Yamaha has two sleds they are testing, they are testing and are releasing this year a factory turboed Viper that pushes 180 horsepower and they are testing and who knows when and what year will be released a 800 direct injected 2 stroke. Take it how you want boys, if he's right next week and maybe he's on something. When Yamaha and Arctic Cat merged he said something was up with Yamaha and Arctic Cat but he couldn't put his finger on it and he wasn't sure so he wasn't going to speculate.

so I was just doing some digging around. and I remember the post that CR did and he had a picture of 4 circles in the sand. I typed in google "sidewinder snake sand markings" and went to images first picture was the one CR posted. so pretty sure the name of the new sled has to be sidewinder. Also definition of a sidewinder snake is fast and agile.
View attachment 116206
That marking says 4 cylinders

Why wouldn't they? You do know that they build more than just snowmobile engines right. To set up an engine shop to build 2 strokes wouldn't be any more work than another four stroke.
2s engines need engineers to design & test then need a new chassis hopefully just 1 new chassis prolly just 4s and asking a lot for both 2s & 4s, imo. Also need tooling for sno mo 2s engines..I don't see the ROI for 2s except for mountain sleds and a lite 4s has better future. Imo Yamaha will lighten up new chassis throw big 4s ponies in it stay the 4s course. Poo and doo both have 2s, AC a few, plenty out there already. Just can't see Yamaha entering 2s fray after being away for so long & saying me to but really think 4s is the future. lol To me look to a new chassis & 4s power plant with big HP. This is doable with option to partner with AC or go pure Japan sled. Be sure Yamaha is running their new product ROI thru both AC & Japan and would be stupid not to. Yamaha very well might turn off AC relationship at 5 year term or extend it is all about the money.

2s engines need engineers to design & test then need a new chassis hopefully just 1 new chassis prolly just 4s and asking a lot for both 2s & 4s, imo. Also need tooling for sno mo 2s engines..I don't see the ROI for 2s except for mountain sleds and a lite 4s has better future. Imo Yamaha will lighten up new chassis throw big 4s ponies in it stay the 4s course. Poo and doo both have 2s, AC a few, plenty out there already. Just can't see Yamaha entering 2s fray after being away for so long & saying me to but really think 4s is the future. lol To me look to a new chassis & 4s power plant with big HP. This is doable with option to partner with AC or go pure Japan sled. Be sure Yamaha is running their new product ROI thru both AC & Japan and would be stupid not to. Yamaha very well might turn off AC relationship at 5 year term or extend it is all about the money.
They've already proven they can put multiple engines in one chassis, AC 6000, 7000, 8000, 9000. Sooooo chassis is not a problem. And you really don't think they are staffed to handle another engine build? If every other manufacturer can build multiple engines, and engines ARE kind of yamahas thing, then what makes you say that they can't handle building a two stroke. They already had some of the best 2s engines ever built in the 90's, pretty sure they've kept up with the times.

I was just told yesterday from general manager at dealer the new sled will be 190 hp factory turbo in current viper chassis. He was told direct from the rep who will be riding them next week in Wisconsin.

I'm not holding my breath, but if this turns out true??!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back