• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The doo 850 looks good, but the "40% better oil efficiency than out previous engines" would scare me, they were already too oil lean for emissions. looks like they are throwing everything they possible could at it so it can make the next wave of emissions.

HP wars .... If this naturally aspirated etec is 165 hp their Mach Z claiming 190+.. And Cat and Yamaha around 185-190 for the turbo versions.. Polaris? Who knows what they're doing. Gonna be an interesting reveal of all brands ... Let the games begin! Can't wait til March 1! Like Xmas when I was a kid. I'm counting the "sleeps"! Lol

The doo 850 looks good, but the "40% better oil efficiency than out previous engines" would scare me, they were already too oil lean for emissions. looks like they are throwing everything they possible could at it so it can make the next wave of emissions.

The early versions of the 800 etec didnt use much oil.

The newer versions burn just as much oil as any other 2 stroke. I saw a pic on Dootalk of a guy that put 4,000 miles on a 2014 800 etec. He had like 8 or 9 empty skidoo oil jugs stacked up on it.

They bumped up consumption over the years to increase longevity. I bet 40% better than a 2016 will still use more oil than the first 800 etec.

HP wars .... If this naturally aspirated etec is 165 hp their Mach Z claiming 190+.. And Cat and Yamaha around 185-190 for the turbo versions.. Polaris? Who knows what they're doing. Gonna be an interesting reveal of all brands ... Let the games begin! Can't wait til March 1! Like Xmas when I was a kid. I'm counting the "sleeps"! Lol

Word on dootalk is there is no Mach Z.

Also, only the summit and mxz models get the new chassis and 850 engine. The XRS, tnt, enduro, and freeride sleds are in last years chassis with the old 800 motor.

At steady cruising the ETEC has a low oil consumption, but from what i have Heard everytime you push full throttle it pumps maximum oil for a while after that, so i have Heard of people that have used a full oiltank to one full gastank when pumping the gas constant when bondocking and playing in powder.

The early versions of the 800 etec didnt use much oil.

The newer versions burn just as much oil as any other 2 stroke. I saw a pic on Dootalk of a guy that put 4,000 miles on a 2014 800 etec. He had like 8 or 9 empty skidoo oil jugs stacked up on it.

They bumped up consumption over the years to increase longevity. I bet 40% better than a 2016 will still use more oil than the first 800 etec.
Correct you are. My buds' 2012 was richened up after blowing motor. Now it uses almost as much oil as my back-up 2001 polaris. He now shops around to get oil in the $45 per gallon range. 3 quarts a day. 91 octane to my 87. Half gallon more gas per fill-up. We figure he spends about $50 more per day than me. You only realize how much of a PITA 2-smokers are until you don't own one.

It looks they made a good machine better, but no 2-s for me. Any word on the 1200? That is on the top of my list right now.

It looks they made a good machine better, but no 2-s for me. Any word on the 1200? That is on the top of my list right now.

1200 is the same as last year which is fine. I personally think the 1200 x package is one of the best sleds available. Its what I would buy if I picked up a new machine.

1200 is the same as last year which is fine. I personally think the 1200 x package is one of the best sleds available. Its what I would buy if I picked up a new machine.
I was thinking about one in 2014. I rode one before I bought my Viper and was not impressed.

At steady cruising the ETEC has a low oil consumption, but from what i have Heard everytime you push full throttle it pumps maximum oil for a while after that, so i have Heard of people that have used a full oiltank to one full gastank when pumping the gas constant when bondocking and playing in powder.
Agreed. The problem is to ride with me, you will be ''on it''. They call me throttle for a reason. I'll ride with anyone & I don't mind waiting at stops, but if they "hang" with me they(2-strokes) WILL & DO burn lots of oil & more gas than me...

I think this a great machine also. I like ALOT about it. Adjustable carbides, rear bag & gas locking system, choice of track, good suspension & seat. I just need some MORE HP! 150 will do. If Yamaha fails me, then this sled with pipe & tune may be where my $$$$$ goes next...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back