• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I have not had a chance to chime in here..........However I have been fallowing the page every day......
I can comment on the snowbike craz first hand. You guys have seen my last two sled build "custom nyrto" and my" viper weight loss" thread. I have always been a die die hard sled guy, I have never settled for anything less that the best I could build or buy parts for. With that said I HAVE NOT RODE MY VIPER ONCE THIS YEAR! I have no intention of it and have it up for sale.
It is hard to explain how awesome a snowbike truly is. This year I have been up steeper mountains with a degree of technical riding that I never would have dreamed to go up let alone play on the steep slopes all day. In the trees, deep or skinny snow a snowbike will out ride any rider on a sled no question. They are nimble powerful for the size, easy to get unstuck, and very easy to ride. Yes they are not able to shoot up big hills but give me an extra few seconds and I can side hill up and down almost anything. If any of you guys get a chance to take one out in an open field with some good snow please try it. A snow bike is not for everyone but it is something that you all should try at least once for nothing else but the experience.
Again THIS ALL SAID............... if Yamaha comes out with a 2 stroke mountain sled I will have to re-think a bike.....or maybe both!
I for see one chassis with two power plant options 4 stroke w/ wide stance for the trail guys with a few common lengths and like you guys I believe Yamaha will build a 2 stroke for the mtx guys in the same chassis with a few length available and narrower skis. Money is tight and I don't think making an all trail chassis/ all mtx chassis is an option anymore. One chassis with two motor options makes more sense, and maybe a 2 stroke if a Yamaha and cat sled had it. Double the engine sales between two companies could justify the R&D $$$$$ (I can dream right)
I expect big things from Yamaha this year and believe they will deliver just like they did with the YXZ

Nobody has to groom the mountain.........
You do know that you pay to use the trail.. So why should a mountain rider pay for the trail you use?
I have bought 3 this year .......1 resident south Dakota snowmobile license, 1 nonresident Wyoming, and 1 nonresident Colorado. There is no BS trail pass stuff in these states.

Exactly mountain riders pay nothing, not even to support the sport or conservation. Bunch of freeloaders.

I expect big things from Yamaha this year and believe they will deliver just like they did with the YXZ
I truly hope you are right. If the new model is on the same level as the YXZ is, I will be truly impressed, and I'm not even close to buying one...

I have bought 3 this year .......1 resident south Dakota snowmobile license, 1 nonresident Wyoming, and 1 nonresident Colorado. There is no BS trail pass stuff in these states.

And all of those passes still don't add up to 1 single Ontario trail pass.

Way off topic whats with all the pissing and moaning about trail passes???? MANY of us have NO TRAIL SYSTEM anywhere near us. Pay for a trail pass....FOR WHAT? There is nothing to pay into.??

I used to live in an area with trails. We paid for trail passes and rode trails. Now I dont live near any, havent seen a trail in 18 years. I fail to see this argument. Just my opinion. Dont bite my head off please I need it.

Way off topic whats with all the pissing and moaning about trail passes???? MANY of us have NO TRAIL SYSTEM anywhere near us. Pay for a trail pass....FOR WHAT? There is nothing to pay into.??

I used to live in an area with trails. We paid for trail passes and rode trails. Now I dont live near any, havent seen a trail in 18 years. I fail to see this argument. Just my opinion. Dont bite my head off please I need it.
Exactly.

Your right off topic, still doesn't excuse you from supporting the sport no different than someone riding the groomed trail without a permit. Don' fret you mountain guys will be paying soon enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back