• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat and Yamaha 998 Turbo. 190 hp. New plastic and lots of good parts to complete the package. Fast! Gonna be a nice piece for sure!

4 stroke turbo sleds make up probably less than 5% of the mtn market,mtn riding has changed so much in the last 5 years.
everybody wants to be chris burant these days,your not cool if you dont smash off trees all day long & side hill 90% of the time lol.
New
I would say the same for the trail market except the opposite direction. 4 strokes are becoming the norm around here where I ride....

I would say the same for the trail market except the opposite direction. 4 strokes are becoming the norm around here where I ride....

A reworked chassis, with the tried and true triple + turbo in the 190 range, that would be nice! It wouldn't really, however, leave the other manufacturers in the snowdust.
HOWEVER: 2018 is the 50th anniversary and for 2017 a reworked procross chassis with the 1049 nice and tucked in low, possibly with a turbo, would definitely make a really nice sled. If there is a factory turbo, that would mean at least one thing; about 180 (say 170-190) hp with FULL FACTORY WARRANTY and, possibly, less money than buying a Viper (with the 1049 shoehorned in a little high) plus the cost of the turbo kit and its installation. I'd say they would sell a bunch of those!
My money is on an Apex replacement for the 2018 50th and i really hope it's got four cylinders! Frankly, they could design a new Apex chassis (Yamaha japan or Cat) around the current Apex motor precisely as it is, with the same ECU and everything, and they'd please those who are hanging on tight to their 2011+ Apex. Three or four more inches further forward and upward with the seat and the same amount forward and upward with the steering column and of course keep the EPS, that's something a lot of the current Apex diehards would trade in their current ride for! At least, i would!

just seen this... apparent 2017 yammy with a 195hp crossplane engine

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    74.4 KB · Views: 122
I dont know if I ever would trade in my 2011 Apex. So long its costed me over 40 000 USD. But I would buy a new Apex , if its with 4 cyl engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back