• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yamaha has had the same clutch for years. My 1997 sx triple uses the same belts as my Apex.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

We have to remember that they had to build something for AC to replace the Suzuki 4s in both the NA and Turboed version. If they didn't, AC would have to drop some models. The question is was this move mostly done to accomidate AC? What does Yamaha going to get out of this?

I think it will make more Yamaha guys happy than Cat guys. Yamaha hasnt offered similar turbo power before. If it's 180-190 hp without much weight loss and the same chaincase it would not seem to be much of a step up from the old Cat turbo that's been available for 8 years, that can be modified way over 200 hp for dirt cheap without touching internals. The new motor I would guess, like the current 1049 needs a lot more $$$ and work to add a bunch more boost. I can't imagine it's overbuilt like the old Zuk was. 180 hp in a 4-stroke is not that impressive after riding 250+ HP turbos. If the new motor puts out 200 hp and has a redesigned chaincase and other things associated with it, interest will be high on both sides. Only then would I consider sending my current Cat turbo down the road for one of these. I'm looking forward to the details.

Weird that cat hasn't been hyping this sled at all.....maybe you can only get this package from Yamaha?

would be nice if Yamaha took a page from poo spring orders, and really let you customize your sled- chose panel colours, tunnel colours, rail colours, different shocks packages to choose from, different tracks etc.....I really like that idea

They posted leaks yesterday the motor seems bullet proof. I feel like it will be more than 180 HP as they stated "industry leading power."

What a joke. You can't post info and pictures of Yamahas mistake release here on the biggest Yamaha forum. But post all you wont on Yamaha Snowmobile FB page without anyone taking that down. Its all over the other forums. This is to funny.

Talking about the new Sidewinder (Viper). My prediction was correct.

Same chassi
New plastic and led light
998 turboed engine ( looks like the MPI turbo kit placement )
New skis

The new plastic even looks wider than the old one making it look bigger.

Weight i bet is increased because of the turbo.

I was actually hoping there was some chassi changes. This chassi was made for the 1100 turbo. And the Yamaha 3cyl sits way to high in the chassi and this has not changed.

All credits for building an egine with turbo. And going back to the mitsubishi ecu!

But the 16 engine i have with bad rods is still making me angry as hell. That will be remembered for quite some time.

And i bet this engine (1049) its still going to be used as the lower hp engine.

I also found different leak pics on youtube. No I know where the grab bar comes from...

The leaks have stated the sidewinder (gay) to have the most production sled hp to date. Does this include the mpi vipers of previous years? What happens to mpi? The turbo is the 1100 cat turbo. Or same company, as no specs on size yet. The piston coolers are from cat. Hmmmm, makes one wonder about the roller secondary?, Is it borrowed? Evo cracks the old Mitsubishi on the nytro, so no worries there for upgrades involving flash tunes. Light weight compressor to spool supercharger-like! There's alot of unanswered questions on this and unmentioned models. Let the leaks live!!!!! There are no specs in the leaks. Everyone has seen them, this is just foolish and immature waving a steak in front of a pack of wolves,lol

Hopefully aftermarket turbos will have to drop their price to get people to still buy them. I still think $4000 for a turbo kit is ridiculous

It will be the highest hp (stock) in the industry so far. So more then the 177 from cat 1100. Mpi was not stock so any numbers coming from that kit do not count

Yamaha has had the same clutch for years. My 1997 sx triple uses the same belts as my Apex.

You say that like it's a bad thing, the 8DN belt and YXRC clutching has been far and away "the most reliable in the industry".
If that changes for the sake of change and next winter people are on here looking for a fix like the change to the 8JP belt then I'll stay with tried tested and true.

If the rumors are true I am hearing this will be about 40lbs lighter then the Cat 9000, and it will be 190hp stock. You can get a bit above 250HP without touching the internals of the engine by changing, and upgrading a few items. I'm hoping someone can crack the ecu like on a cat. Would make life so much more fun lol
I am really looking to see what shock package they put in the front and rear on certain models. They got the front good with the QS3's

You say that like it's a bad thing, the 8DN belt and YXRC clutching has been far and away "the most reliable in the industry".
If that changes for the sake of change and next winter people are on here looking for a fix like the change to the 8JP belt then I'll stay with tried tested and true.
Not a bad thing at all! It's a great clutch. Just fine to update a make a better one I think lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back