• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh btw, was I right or was I right?

New sled built at TRF with a turbo charged 3 hole 4s based off new SxS Yamaha in a new skid and new clutching. Fast and expensive!!

I haven't dug back that many pages but it probably was removed last night.

What's the info on the new skid? Yamaha's site is rather lacking on info and speed/load time.

Lol
Real question still is.... where's the snowbike some of ya all were foaming like rabid jackasses about?

lol that's funny. And true. Not a boo about all these snowbikes unless Cat is doing it ?

All I hear are crickets.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

page13image5656

Based on the hp plot if the Nytro is 135 hp each vertical grid line is equivalent to about 21.67 hp. That puts the Sidewinder at about 200 hp
theres a post a few pages back somewhere from the Yamaha blog that is highlighted 180hp

killer setup, seems like it's WAY overbuilt for the 7-8psi I figure it's running, willing to bet the HP climbs over the years. Only 9:1 compression and piston cooling jets it's built to run 14psi day in and day out! The New clutches with more Overdrive also improve performance since it allows lower overall gearing. I hope the clutchs move over to other sleds also as they would help greatly on lower HP sleds too! Sad the didn't drop a NA version of the Sidewinder, I'm sure they are saving that to have something new next year.

Fox qs3 1.5 shocks for le models coil overs for SE models as well as DX models. No floats for sidewinder trail models.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

That's quite an endorsement for a sled that was just introduced a few hours ago and that only a very small handful of people have actually ridden.
You may be right.
Just remember to bring plenty of money. Cuz they ain't cheap.

Are you kidding! To buy a Viper, add the MPI turbo and new gears is over $18,ooo US. This is a bargain at $16,500, and the Viper/MPI combo doesn't hold a candle to this technology!

I wonder if that new secondary would work on a 2014 turbo viper? That would be cool if i could swap. I am impressed with the all Yamaha controlled engine. That should eliminate all the problems we are seeing with the viper. It also has a knock sensor which is cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the engine still sit 3 inches too high in the chassis?

Do we get a yami chaincase or are we still stuck with the cat one that's prone to problems?

What does this beast weigh?

At least someone has some very important questions. ;)! My guess is, that if there was a new chaincase, they would be bragging about it. I don't see that. :dunno:

I like the Sidewinder, it is probably my dream sled since Polaris refuses to offer a 4s. But it will remain a dream for a while. 1000 miles last year, 4 days and 900 miles this year....it seems like just yesterday that I purchased my Vector, new, for half the price of the new models. I thought my Vec was crazy expensive then.

It says real 180 hp class engine but nowhere is the hp confirmed. The plot does not have any numbers but if the plots are correct then sidewinder hp would be closer to 200 hp

The chart says 40% more hp that the Nytro NA, which was 135 hp. This calculates to 189hp if correct.

Really? Is it gonna be the hot performance sled everybody is looking for? Think about that.
How many of those do they sell per year. Maybe a few hundred.
If you look closely at the new VK540 video, it says something like russian configuration shown... Take that as a clue, i'm pretty sure they sell a #*$&@-ton of VK540s in the russian markets and in the finnish market, plus a few here in Sweden as well. They re-designed and re-engineered it for 2017, not only with a new ignition- and carburator system but with new plastic, headlight and tunnel as well. I wouldn't be surprised if the russian market for VK540s is the biggest one for Yamaha or at least close to it, the VK has a well founded reputation for simplicity, capability and, above all else, reliability, that goes a long way when you're trying to cross miles and miles of extremely cold and vast tundra and be sure you can get yourself and your firewood, moose or family there and home again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back