• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New 2017 Yamaha Sleds...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you kidding! To buy a Viper, add the MPI turbo and new gears is over $18,ooo US. This is a bargain at $16,500, and the Viper/MPI combo doesn't hold a candle to this technology!
Or buy a 14 viper for under 9,000 still in a crate and turbo it, that doesn't sound so bad.

It says real 180 hp class engine but nowhere is the hp confirmed. The plot does not have any numbers but if the plots are correct then sidewinder hp would be closer to 200 hp

I think each line represents 20HP with the Nytro trace in the 125HP range, and the Sidewinder being just a touch over 180HP. Yamaha doesn't want the liability of a 200HP sled.

Or buy a 14 viper for under 9,000 still in a crate and turbo it, that doesn't sound so bad.
Or I'll sell you my 15 turbo viper for the 15k you'll have in that by the time you're done and I'll buy the Sidewinder

Iam sure the sidewinder will top an apex but that video is all sale pitch....

Subaru2006

I highly doubt it will top speed an Apex in stock form. Almost guarantee it at under 200hp. It will be quicker though. Look at the top speeds on this chassis and all the other tall rider forward sleds. Top speeds were higher in late 90's and early 2000 muscle sleds...which basically the apex is o_O

I think each line represents 20HP with the Nytro trace in the 125HP range, and the Sidewinder being just a touch over 180HP. Yamaha doesn't want the liability of a 200HP sled.
Ok, was basing it off the 135 stated earlier. Regardless 180, 190 or 200 I think we all agree pretty big numbers

I highly doubt it will top speed an Apex in stock form. Almost guarantee it at under 200hp. It will be quicker though. Look at the top speeds on this chassis and all the other tall rider forward sleds. Top speeds were higher in late 90's and early 2000 muscle sleds...which basically the apex is o_O
there is definitely speed loss in these chassis but with the overdrive clutching and who knows what for gearing it will be interesting to see

Oh btw, was I right or was I right?

New sled built at TRF with a turbo charged 3 hole 4s based off new SxS Yamaha in a new skid and new clutching. Fast and expensive!!

I haven't dug back that many pages but it probably was removed last night.
Only thing changed was the motor. It's the same chassis as the viper just diff body panels. Said so I videos and in specs. No new suspension no new chassis, no new motor placement. A big fat nothing notable other than a good motor

Sure but the Apex doesn't need this glowing thing to make it go fast.

IMG_2894.jpg
Exactly. That's why I'm keeping mine. But the new Sidewinder is a nice machine. However, I agree that the days of purebred Yamaha sleds may be over.

Next year replacement of Apex but this sidewinder is amazing!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know for sure that the chassis has not been reworked for the new motor to put it down lower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back