• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New M9 yamaha ski

Here's a photo of the new ski. I don't have much info on it yet other than what is in the Yamaha brochure which is below. I believe this ski is being designed as a mountain/offtrail type ski that still has good trail manners. Also it is expected to be available late October. Here's the Yamaha info on it.

NEW! GYTR MT9 Lightweight Performance Mountain/Trail Ski

A radical new design, this revolutionary ski offers outstanding flotation while delivering superb handling in both powder and trail conditions. Requires remarkably low steering effort for its performance characteristics, and shows excellent resistance to darting. In addition, the ski weighs a whopping 1.8 pounds less than our current mountain ski. Requires the use of the MT9 Performance Ski Runners (SMA-F3731-10-00 or SMA-F3731-40-00, sold separately). Sold Individually.

Fits all 2006 and later Mountain & Trail Apex, Vector, Phazer, FX Nytro and Venture/GT models.
SMA-23711-00-BK $139.95

NEW! MT9 Performance Ski Runner

Designed to perform exclusively with the GYTR MT9 Lightweight Performance Ski(SMA-23711-00-BK). Sold in Pairs
3" Runner
SMA-F3731-30-00 $54.95
6" Runner
SMA-F3731-60-00 $79.95

Attachments

• M9 SKI.jpg
    M9 SKI.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 767

Re: skis

rough rider said:
Look in the 2010 yamaha sled catalog they have them pictured :Rockon:

Yup, I snatched a 2010 catalog when I was at Hay Days and they are in there, I can't remember the price. Also the "GYTR" pipe for the Nytro is not even called the a GYTR, they refer to it as a Skinz, and it states that it is for closed course riding and not EPA compliant on 06+ models. They also have a stupid looking rack for the XTX in there as well, allot of new stuff in there.

These things look sweet!!!

Am i reading that correct that they will require their own specific carbides????

If I have other carbides already for my stock skis, will they not fit these skis?

If so, leave it to Yamaha to make you have to buy new carbides as well!!!!!!

Mike

It will be interresting to see how the MT9's will perform in real life. I guess it's so many different patents out there allready, it's hard to come up with a new design without treading on someones toes.

I hope Chris will shed some light on the subject over on the Yamaha-blog! ;)!

Nice looking ski. Too bad its blow-molded. I guess this keeps the cost down. I just remember when cat came out with the blow-molded ski, they looked like trash after one season of use. I will have to see these in person before I purchase, as I need new skis.

Hallelujah!
Hallelujah!
Haaaalleeeeeluuujaaaaah!

I don't believe it, a new ski by Yamaha!

I want to be the first to congratulate Yamaha on finally coming up with something.

Thank you Yamaha! (It's been a long time since I've said that)

Looking at the ski closer, it looks to be a more rocker design and the runners are probably shorter too, much like Skidoo Pilots are.

Anyone got pics of the bottom of these skis?

Thanks to Kevin at Port Yamaha for posting the info! :Rockon:

Hmmmm.......I guess I am going to have to hold off on buying a new set of skis right now and wait to see what these new skis look like. G.B.

139 for a ski and handle and 80 for 6 inch carbides they will fit the rx chasis the yamaha guy told me they will

Would love to see the keel of these ski's
"parabolic shape"
"excellent resistance to darting"
"remarkably low steering effort for its performance characteristics"
"outstanding flotation"
"it's hard to come up with a new design without treading on someones toes"
SAY WHAT!
Looks like Yamaha bought a pair of Curves to study!

http://curvexs.com/

looks alot like the kimpex arrow too. hard to
re-invent the wheel (errr, ski) here. only so much you can do without getting into others designs. ski

Back