• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New M9 yamaha ski

I talked to a Yamaha rep today about he ski, he told me in confidence that the ski works great, no darting with a fancy new front design combined with a new caribe configuration using a flat wide bar lined with teflon to stop icing as with duallies. What is taking so long is that the techs at yamaha didnt like how the ski went straight and handled with ease so they are redisingin it so it darts, they do have a reputation to uphold??

sorry guys, I was bored.

BETHEVIPER said:
I talked to a Yamaha rep today about he ski, he told me in confidence that the ski works great, no darting with a fancy new front design combined with a new caribe configuration using a flat wide bar lined with teflon to stop icing as with duallies. What is taking so long is that the techs at yamaha didnt like how the ski went straight and handled with ease so they are redisingin it so it darts, they do have a reputation to uphold??

That is great.

Mike

I guess if you want something done, do it yourself

No one could give me widths so I wnt to the BLOG and asked Chris...see below for his response: 9.5" widest and 7.5" narrowest. I pasted my response and his reply below. cheers
>>>
Michael Adams says:

Can you elaborate on the width of the new ski? You stated it was originally made for the MNT. sled…is it wider then the current ski and how much?
Thank you Mike

Hey Mike, I can do that! It’s 9.5 in at the widest and 7.5 under the spindlle…

cheers

cr

November 5th, 2009 at 10:37 pm

Are these designed, or do they work better on a paticular model? Kind of like you see a lot of C@A, and Curves on Nytros, but a lot of Simmons on Apex models. Kind of an observation. Not trying to start who uses what, and what works best on what; but more or less would these be better suited for one model over another?

I just got back from the show in NOVI . I saw the new yamaha skis up close, there enormous. It reminds me of those hunting boots that look like clown shoes. They make the other brands, curves,slydog power hounds look like stock skis

sheetwright said:
Are these designed, or do they work better on a paticular model? Kind of like you see a lot of C@A, and Curves on Nytros, but a lot of Simmons on Apex models. Kind of an observation. Not trying to start who uses what, and what works best on what; but more or less would these be better suited for one model over another?

Chris blog he said they were designed as a lightweight ski for the FX Nytro MTX

more details please

cemjr said:
I just got back from the show in NOVI . I saw the new yamaha skis up close, there enormous. It reminds me of those hunting boots that look like clown shoes. They make the other brands, curves,slydog power hounds look like stock skis
>>>
Can you be more specific? How long are they....same as current ski's or longer....also is the width in the front and the back and the narrow section just in the middle? How deep is the keel....the current stock Mnt. ski is 1.5" deep keel does it also have a big deep keel like the current models?
Thanks for the update

Some pics for you guys. Didn't have a ruler but I threw my TY hat into one picture for reference. Clickable images!

Great pics

Thanks for the pics that pretty much sums it up! They look like awesome ski's....exactly what we needed with the heavy nose on the Apex and Nytro. I personally think if we can get the darting controlable with the single runner that they will be an awesome ski! I will be selling these heavy azz Simmons Gen2 as soon as these are available! Great contrast with the hat in the picture....good idea....that was needed to see how wide they truly are. :rocks:

Yeah Crewchief, that ski does make your hat look tiny.

So, I see that it's 9 1/2 inches at the front and narrows down 2 inches to 7 1/2 inches in the center, looks pretty cool and should float a lot of sleds up.

I wonder if it will be the stock ski on a number of next year's sleds, maybe even offer a upgrade program when you order a new sled.

Crewchief,

What was your overall impression of the ski, did it feel strong? It has been said these are much lighter but I wouldn't want to sacrifice strength for weight.

Back