• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New testing facility in the central MN area

Hey I go by there in the train all the time! Hope we have a good winter and maybe a few good unofficial TY meets there.
You would not happen to work with a guy by the name of Justin Quade by chance would you? and tell whoever is driving that thing to lay off the horn. Saturday morning I was sitting in my tree stand for opener at 5:30 am (sleeping) and they blew the horn , almost fell out.

Just saw this post, looks like a pretty sweet spot and I know right where you're at! I live west Metro (Watertown) and will have to get up that way sometime... hopefully via sled!

Justin is in the RoHo? Then yes, we chat whenever I'm down there and he's working.

The horn thing.... We can thank the public for all the noise. Its amazing how many people don't hear or see the trains on a daily basis!

Justin is in the RoHo? Then yes, we chat whenever I'm down there and he's working.

The horn thing.... We can thank the public for all the noise. Its amazing how many people don't hear or see the trains on a daily basis!
That is what we call natural selection if you cannot see hear and feel a 300 ton train what else are you missing. Justin is I think by now an engineer lives somewhere just south of Duluth

That is what we call natural selection if you cannot see hear and feel a 300 ton train what else are you missing. Justin is I think by now an engineer lives somewhere just south of Duluth

Most of the trains that run that line are between 3,200 and 24,000 tons....
I'm 95% sure we're thinking of the same guy haha Supposedly its going to cool off by end of the week. I haven't even seen any frost here yet :crap:

Most of the trains that run that line are between 3,200 and 24,000 tons....
I'm 95% sure we're thinking of the same guy haha Supposedly its going to cool off by end of the week. I haven't even seen any frost here yet :crap:

24000 tons ??? now your just bragging! LOL

Tac trains, 180 loaded cars and 3 engines... It's basically a rolling chunk of solid steel. I've personally been on 28k Tac trains. Coal trains are usually 17-18,000 tons.

How's things going up there? Probably ice fishing instead of riding?

Why central MN??? that place get snow like once every ten years!!! I know my lake home is near Lake Mille Lacs and it's been 4 years since I put a mile on in central MN... fingers crossed for both of us!!!

Just looked up the address... that's just down the street from me... live in Maple Grove but have a shop in Nowthen... I'll definitely ride over if we ever get rideable snow!!!

Last edited:
This is awesome! You're not very far from me (20 minutes), would love to come over with a sidewinder and some other yamaha's if we ever get some snow..

yeah well mother nature sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had 10 good inches of ice and rideable snow on the lake and then it warmed up and rained over Christmas weekend nothing but a lumpy bumpy un-rideable slab of crap now. Heading for the UP Thursday night.

I just left the UP tonight. Rode from Wakefield, solid trails, FRESH groomed and I only saw 20 or so total sleds. Wish I could have stayed another day!

yeah well mother nature sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!! we had 10 good inches of ice and rideable snow on the lake and then it warmed up and rained over Christmas weekend nothing but a lumpy bumpy un-rideable slab of crap now. Heading for the UP Thursday night.
Be careful up there I am guessing it's going to be very busy. At least you will be riding

Back