• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

New to Yamaha

So Sledhunter, what model did your order? Did you tell your girlfriend no new diamonds, you bought a new sled!!

I'm not sure he made the right choice, he is posting on dootalk about the 850 diamond addition........

211hp. I don't think the 850 will hang. He may be back on the hind tit.

Sled hunter the sidewinders are arriving. Did you get a hold of your unit? I could do a slow motion run over there and we could take it for a ride!

I would not be to hasty in that assumption. There are many of out here riding the 141" as trail burners and I can say they handle just as well and the track length is not noticeable at all. And with the power of the sidewinder at 204 planting that will best be done with a few additions to the uncoupled XTX suspension.

This one is just playing with a guy riding a Polaris ProS 800 flat out as fast as he could. I am barely in the throttle and did not want to piss him off

This one I am riding with a group of 9 guys all 10 or more years younger than me and they are on everything from Rev 800's to nytros and old style polaris

Then when it finally snows you don't need no stinkin trails on the XTX it will go through anything
What skis and shock set up?

I am back to the tuner 2's on the 15 with 8" shaper bars on the outside and 6" on the inside. I tried a lot but this combo seems best in my world. It is hard though because the front end is never on the ground even with the Hygear linkage system it carries the skis about 8 to 12" off the ground until 90 or you let up. The front shocks are hygear Axis along with the rear skid shock.

new Axis Shocks.jpg

I am back to the tuner 2's on the 15 with 8" shaper bars on the outside and 6" on the inside. I tried a lot but this combo seems best in my world. It is hard though because the front end is never on the ground even with the Hygear linkage system it carries the skis about 8 to 12" off the ground until 90 or you let up. The front shocks are hygear Axis along with the rear skid shock.

View attachment 122032
How does it handle the bumps with those? I am running the hygear linkage also but with the float 3s and hygear dual pressure. Made a world of difference. I just installed the adjustable dual rate springs for the front center. I have the dual pressures coming for front floats and curve skis for this season. Pushes horrible as is. I wish I could afford new shocks but for now the dual pressures will have to do.

We are running the full HyGear Axis on the viper for a couple seasons now too. They do the job when tuned properly. Amazing in the big bumps, it blows me away how it can eat them up. It's not the only place they shine, but that is most noticeable for a trail rider.

Let's keep this thread on topic. It's about Sledhunter joining our team. It appears he can go either way. I bet once he gets both hands on a long track unit he will ride all day. I will have to hold on tight when riding behind him. We can cruise from bar to bar.

Let's keep this thread on topic. It's about Sledhunter joining our team. It appears he can go either way. I bet once he gets both hands on a long track unit he will ride all day. I will have to hold on tight when riding behind him. We can cruise from bar to bar.
What type of bars do you go to?

Back