• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro for wife????

wife loves her Vector on groomed trails. She rides my Nytro rtx on rough trails (less effort, easier to stand) but switches back when trails good. I run studboy deuces (4.5") on both sleds. She never complains about steering effort. She's not an aggressive rider so I backed off on ski pressure. I had to install a throttle gizmo to help her thumb fatigue (stiff carb springs). I'm now looking for the fuel injected Vector.

My wife is 5' tall and weighs 110#. She's a good rider and has been riding since she was old enough to walk, literally. The XTX has been a struggle for her because of steering effort and overall mass. I've done several changes to ease the steering pressure but each change adversely compromises performance in another area. I think it's time to throw the towel and get her onto something different. We had this very discussion last night after returning home from a riding weekend. I'll likely be looking for a Renegade for her later today. Riding's supposed to be fun. She isn't having much on the XTX. If the dealer plays his hand right I may switch as well.

Attachments

• DSC01224.jpg
    DSC01224.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 67
I was REALLY close to ordering a 1200 Gade this spring. Had the 1200 been out for a couple years I would have. The REV-XP/XR has the best rider position I have ever been on. My issue with the 1200 is that its still very new and they have had a few problems. If I knew those issues would all be worked out for '10 I would have been on a Doo next year.

My wife is on an 08 Nytro ER. She absolutly loves it, took her abit to get used to it from her 05 Vector ER. I spent time with her to dial it in. Now she is all set up. one thing put the high windshield and side deflectors on right away. try and keep her warm on it. One other thing we found this winter was her Helmit, I bought her a bran new HJC helmit last year that I thought was pretty good. and Last year with the Vector that had the high windshield she was covered really good. the Nytro even with the tall windshield and side deflectors found that her helmit leaked. So I splurrged and bought her a BV2S helmit and good FXR balaclava. solved the problem instently. Plus the light on the helmit at night is good to know where she is if she hits the sticks haha.

another investment was a 2 inch rox risers for her. my wife is 5.5 about 110lbs and that 2 inch helps her out with more leverage on the handle bars plus gives her a nicer position for standing in the rough.

I would recommend for your wife the ER model its alot softer and they can play with the front shocks easier. and put Duallys or a differnt set of skis on so it doesnt dart all over.

another unforseen investmet this year we also purchased were backpacks. we both bought hicking 18 L North face backbacks. its abit of a necessity when going out on trail rides to carry food, and thermoses, bottle water etc...

So if your wife tends to be abit aggressive on the trail or wants to get more into riding go with the Nytro, was a great investment for my wife. Its fuel injected with warrenty. and they dont have to put 2 stroke oil in. Was a winner in my books. My wife already put 2500k on hers this year.

DeanO

This is her ride, and oddly enough these are the only 2 pics I took of us ridding all year haha.

She Recomends this sled for anyone. she loves it. And she is working on the decals to costomize it herself. I thought they would be done by christmas. But she is going to wait till summer time now, she might want to put an ice ripper XT track on it and white skid plate.

When we go out riding together on average she will put about a gallon less fuel atleast per fill up then me on my apex. and the small tank has not been an issue with us at all. the Dumbo Ears are a must she found to keep warmer on the colder days.

hope this helps in your buying choice. I know we looked at a new Phazer, new Vector, and New REV TNT 600 E tech. this in our minds was a home run for the ridding we do.

Attachments

• sleds 001 Web.jpg
    sleds 001 Web.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 61
  • sleds 002 Web.jpg
    sleds 002 Web.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 50
What a day. But there's a lot of "stuff" for a small woman to drive that heavy sled through before we reach the beach.

Attachments

• IMG_3044.jpg
    IMG_3044.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 62
DeanO said:
My wife is on an 08 Nytro ER. She absolutly loves it, took her abit to get used to it from her 05 Vector ER. I spent time with her to dial it in. Now she is all set up. one thing put the high windshield and side deflectors on right away. try and keep her warm on it. One other thing we found this winter was her Helmit, I bought her a bran new HJC helmit last year that I thought was pretty good. and Last year with the Vector that had the high windshield she was covered really good. the Nytro even with the tall windshield and side deflectors found that her helmit leaked. So I splurrged and bought her a BV2S helmit and good FXR balaclava. solved the problem instently. Plus the light on the helmit at night is good to know where she is if she hits the sticks haha.

another investment was a 2 inch rox risers for her. my wife is 5.5 about 110lbs and that 2 inch helps her out with more leverage on the handle bars plus gives her a nicer position for standing in the rough.

I would recommend for your wife the ER model its alot softer and they can play with the front shocks easier. and put Duallys or a differnt set of skis on so it doesnt dart all over.

another unforseen investmet this year we also purchased were backpacks. we both bought hicking 18 L North face backbacks. its abit of a necessity when going out on trail rides to carry food, and thermoses, bottle water etc...

So if your wife tends to be abit aggressive on the trail or wants to get more into riding go with the Nytro, was a great investment for my wife. Its fuel injected with warrenty. and they dont have to put 2 stroke oil in. Was a winner in my books. My wife already put 2500k on hers this year.

DeanO

I did all the above (except the riser) plus Pilot skis on my wifes Nytro. She also has and loves her BVS helmet. We both have them with Collett comunicators and they are awesome. She loves her Nytro and I think the reason is I made it right for her just like you did for your wife.

Thecross said:
I would say pilot ski's and set the suspension on the softest setting for everything, as a starting point.

Thats how my wifes sled is set. I also put the high shield, side deflectors, mirrors, powermadd gauntlets and saddlbags. Shes happy and I'm happy. :jump:

She loves her Nytro and I think the reason is I made it right for her just like you did for your wife.

I agree completely jds1000, you have to make it about them and get them into the project. plus spend time adjusting and trying to understand what they are saying when they say " this thingy darts all over and I have no control" I have to admit setting this sled up is a true test of marrige. haha

the cross, I agree you have to soften up alot of stuff for them, what i did with my wife was leave everything the way it was from the factory, then listen to her complain what she didnt like as she drove it. haha. from there I adjusted with her ( and along with Using TY members hints on settings) we worked together to get it right so basicly here is her set up.

front shocks, spring Preload backed of to zero with the front jacked up in the air. 2 clicks compression 3 clicks rebound.

Rear, is front limited shortened one position, front shock 1/2inch from bottom. Rear limiter factory set, rear shock 2nd click from highest compression, and rear spring on soft.

took abit to make this happen, but with the simmons skis, and riser the stearing is not darty and easy to turn. easier then my apex anyway. and she doesnt complain about it anymore.

jds1000 would I be able to get pics from you of the collet comminicators on the BV2S helmit?? wife and I are going to get comminicators next year so she can yell at me when Im going to fast or showing off.

thanks

DeanO

oops I guess I didnt get the quote right oh well.

one other thing that my wife wanted to do but I was late to find out was the woman's snow cross clinic in Elk River MI. when I told her about that she called and wanted to register for next year if they have a clinic. I think she is on a mission to out ride me. If that happens im trading her Nytro in for an SS440 Boa ski and let her go back to the basics on what I learned to sled on haha

IFlyEm said:
I was REALLY close to ordering a 1200 Gade this spring. Had the 1200 been out for a couple years I would have. The REV-XP/XR has the best rider position I have ever been on. My issue with the 1200 is that its still very new and they have had a few problems. If I knew those issues would all be worked out for '10 I would have been on a Doo next year.

I'm not a limited to four strokes, but I've never seen a groomer and trails here are rustic to say the least. The Etec is a great motor from all I've seen. I bought a 600 Renegade for my wife this afternoon. She's smiling now. Good luck with your decision!

SB

stewartb said:
IFlyEm said:

I'm not a limited to four strokes, but I've never seen a groomer and trails here are rustic to say the least. The Etec is a great motor from all I've seen. I bought a 600 Renegade for my wife this afternoon. She's smiling now. Good luck with your decision!

SB

That makes more sense now. We ride mostly if not all groomed trails. I would think that riding rough trails all the time would take a toll on my small wife also. The lighter Doo 600 is a great choice for your kind of trails.

DeanO said:
oops I guess I didnt get the quote right oh well.

one other thing that my wife wanted to do but I was late to find out was the woman's snow cross clinic in Elk River MI. when I told her about that she called and wanted to register for next year if they have a clinic. I think she is on a mission to out ride me. If that happens im trading her Nytro in for an SS440 Boa ski and let her go back to the basics on what I learned to sled on haha

I would check Colletts web site now. They are clearing out thier stereo cominicators at a bargain price. I have 2 sno phones and I just bought 2 of the stereo units this past week. They work awesome and the best part is you order the DMS unit for the BVS helmet. This unit has a special mike that attaches right to your breathing mask. When I first suggested to my wife that we should get comunicators she said "why so you can yell at me"! ;):D Now that we have them she loves them and wouldn't ride without them.

Get her a Phazer, light, good power, and lots of suspension for the bumps. My girlfriend has a Phazer GT and loves it. Not to mension the price I bought 2 Phazers for the price of one Nytro. :4STroke:

Back