• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro riders...what is your fav helmet for this sled??

On my side, BRP BV2S for the very cold trail day (no heated shield required)
For the standard day(mountain or warmer trail day), 509 C2 with sinister x5 goggles. Klim Artic balaclava

Scratch the GMAX 11D off my wish list.

FXR Torque with 509 Sinister X5 goggles. The helmet is nice, not great, and fits tighter than FXRs size recommendations. The goggles are the best I've owned, I'll probably order a second set with clear lenses this year to upgrade my night riding setup.

Zox with heated shield. Not sure on the model. It doesn't have a breath box so there's more air blowing around my face than a MX style helmet. Hopefully upgrade this helmet to an MZ style with shield or modular this season.

Note about helmets with MX style visors with the lack of wind protection on the Nytro (or any sled without a functional windshield) a large visor without enough air passages (like the Torque) is a problem. The wind at speed want to lift the helmet and turn your head.

Its a Snow Master TX27 right? Leatherup.com has them in solid matte black, white with red, pink, blue, and green, $129, TIMS10 at checkout for 10% off puts it around 115 with the heated shield. Now look real close at the helmet, I can't figure out how you can raise the shield with the MX shield on it. Every pic I see the shield is totally missing when they show the inner sun shield, its perplexing.

Pictures of every view on the aliexpress site - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Euro...est=201526_1,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,201409_2

Looks nice, however the reviews I found were not. Also I doubt THH (Taiwanese) has invested in designing specifically for snowmobile use. However, sometimes good products at good prices come along. I'd like to hold one in my hands before I order one.

Its hard to say how good or bad the helmet is yet, its new for this year and so very few people actually have them and have used them. $115 brand new is not too bad a price if they do turn out to be low end yet decent. The link from Ali is for the MX version without the heated shield so be aware of that.

Trying to find out who makes the Mod 2 or 3 for BRP, not having much luck currently. Might pester our buyer in China, he seems pretty good at rooting out sources. Might have to get a "sample" from them.

The CKX Quest looks similar, its also new with no available reviews.

Pictures of every view on the aliexpress site - http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Euro...est=201526_1,201527_1_71_72_73_74_75,201409_2

Looks nice, however the reviews I found were not. Also I doubt THH (Taiwanese) has invested in designing specifically for snowmobile use. However, sometimes good products at good prices come along. I'd like to hold one in my hands before I order one.
I have a THH TX 10, even though a MX style helmet it is one of the most comfortable I have. It also works well with most gogle styles. We just change out our belaclaves depending on temps.

The only difference between MX and snow helmets is the inside padding for warmth. All HJC, 509 and other cross season manufactures do is change padding.

The other reminder is that there are only so many helmets manufacturing plants in the world so you will find the THH TX 27 is also similar to COX, FLY and FXR.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

Need a new helmet for my new xtx. Any reccomendations?
I bought a ckx, got it off ebay $130 heated shield, drop down sun visor, and modular, it has worked really well for me. I measured my head and ordered and there was no way, returned and they sent bigger size no extra cash, but it still was tight on my forehead. I pealed the liner back and sanded the foam liner to custom fit my head

Picked up a new (2015) 509 Altitude to replace my FXR. Fit is much better, but I won't know if its worth it for a couple months.

Picked up a new (2015) 509 Altitude to replace my FXR. Fit is much better, but I won't know if its worth it for a couple months.
Sweet helmet. Mine is 2014 509 Altitude love it! Wish the one in orange had different graphics, I'd buy a new one.

Attachments

• 20150213_164205.jpg
    20150213_164205.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 258
Looking for a second pair of Sinister X5s with yellow, photochromatic (clear/blue) or a clear lens. The fit with the 509 helmet is too good to bother trying another brand of goggles and I needed something for low light and night riding.

509-altitude-helmet-evolution-front-509-hel-aev.jpg
x5_black_fire.jpg

Last edited:
I used to run Scott googles w/ an amp blue lense day or night, it worked great at cutting the sun & just before dark would cast a shadow out in front of most bigger bumps- that's something I realized to look for after casing a few :)

Back