• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro XTX Gauge Install

I would really like to do this mod . Hard to find someone selling one.

You need to contact some salvages yards & places that just part out sleds. Or worse case buy a new one $350 about. It is nice having one.

I found it online brand new but it was like 500 and some change.

That seems high. Used the gauge will still cost you around $270 to $350. Keeping looking you'll find one.

so an apex cluster wont work because it is a 4 cylinder engine right??

You are correct.

Took everyone's advice in doing this upgrade. Thanks to these threads, this was a seamless process. One thing I did that I haven't seen anyone else post was purchase a new OEM wire lead, cut one end off of each, stole a pin from a cut-off for the clock lead and soldered/shrink-wrapped the long sides together. (This gave me the additional length to get the gauge placement higher + closer.) Had a machinist buddy CNC the two panels, powder-coated satin black and picked up some additional OEM rubber grommets to mount both plates...bit pricey & time consuming, but worth it.
GAUGE (2).JPG
GAUGE (1).JPG

Took everyone's advice in doing this upgrade. Thanks to these threads, this was a seamless process. One thing I did that I haven't seen anyone else post was purchase a new OEM wire lead, cut one end off of each, stole a pin from a cut-off for the clock lead and soldered/shrink-wrapped the long sides together. (This gave me the additional length to get the gauge placement higher + closer.) Had a machinist buddy CNC the two panels, powder-coated satin black and picked up some additional OEM rubber grommets to mount both plates...bit pricey & time consuming, but worth it.
View attachment 115104 View attachment 115105

NOW THAT IS A SWEET INSTALL....

Did a similar install with the adjustable ram mounts on both ends . Gives you infinite adjustment. Got mine from barn of parts but you gotta move quick. Bought 2 from him over the years

Attachments

• totallyamaha 001.JPG
    totallyamaha 001.JPG
    26.5 KB · Views: 195
I did the same thing but didn't cover the loom with the nice grey plastic covering.
I bought the dual round end ram mount off ebay plus the big flat one and just reused one of the round ends as the backing plate for were it mounted to the hood cowling. Also reused the rubber grommets from the oem gauge. The ram mount make it so nice for adjusting it to just the right spot.

For anyone that needs an oem wire with pigtail for the clock PM me. I have a bunch!

I did the same thing but didn't cover the loom with the nice grey plastic covering.
I bought the dual round end ram mount off ebay plus the big flat one and just reused one of the round ends as the backing plate for were it mounted to the hood cowling. Also reused the rubber grommets from the oem gauge. The ram mount make it so nice for adjusting it to just the right spot.

For anyone that needs an oem wire with pigtail for the clock PM me. I have a bunch!

Free?

I too got some CNC plates made up and mounted mine similar.
I love it. This gauge and the XTX suspension kit made my sled so comfy.

Now you just need to do my odometer trick to match up your miles!!

I too got some CNC plates made up and mounted mine similar.
I love it. This gauge and the XTX suspension kit made my sled so comfy.

Now you just need to do my odometer trick to match up your miles!!
How does one do that? my sled had 9000ish when I took mine off but put on a gauge with ~11,000ish.

Back